Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR2d - part 2  (Read 134944 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Tascam DR2d - part 2
« Reply #270 on: January 10, 2014, 11:00:30 AM »
Hoping there will be one as this recorder is uniqe in its functionality and no other manufacturer or Tascam model has the same feature set.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline jagraham

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2014, 09:24:46 PM »
That's too bad about the DR-40 internal mics with dual mode. It really should be like the DR-2d. Very happy with the DR-2d and 4ch recording.
Mics: Nak CM-300s, Nak CM-100s, CP-1s, CP-2s, AT-853s(Cards, Hypers, Omnis) CA-14s(Cards, Omnis)
Pres: CA STC-9200, CA-UBB
Recorders: Tascam DR-70D, DR-2D, Edirol R-09

ISO: 1 Teac ME-120, CP-3 Caps, AT-853 Subcard Caps

Offline achtungpop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #272 on: February 09, 2014, 09:06:55 AM »
please guys, what do you use to make real "4ch" recordings ? is it a Y jack with 2 mono females --> 1 male jack stereo ? I only can find 2 stereo females to 1 stereo male, would it work anyway with 2 separated channels if I plug 2 different mono sources ? thanx in advance!

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #273 on: February 09, 2014, 01:10:30 PM »
Two stereo 3.5mm (1/8") plugs.  One into the microphone input jack, one into the line input jack.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline achtungpop

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #274 on: February 09, 2014, 01:13:15 PM »
Hum ok but so when you're talking about 4 mono channels, it's infact 2x2 channels, 2 twice channels ?

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #275 on: February 09, 2014, 01:27:04 PM »
Two 2channel-stereo inputs > two 2channel-stereo wave files.

I don't recall anyone talking about 4 independent mono channels with regards to the DR2d, only the total count of 4 channels.  You can split the resulting 2channel-stereo wave files in a wave editor to get 4 mono wave files if you like.

Offline achtungpop

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #276 on: February 09, 2014, 03:45:09 PM »
so to plug this with 2 different mono sources on the 2 mono females would give the 2 same channels in the resulting stereo file among you ?

http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/120061735/adaptateur-double-jack-3-5-mm-male-stereo-femelle-mono.html

Offline hoserama

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #277 on: February 09, 2014, 08:27:13 PM »
Be careful on splitters like that. Read the descriptions carefully. That one looks like it may split the left/right equally among the two inputs. Basically you want something that will go. You want something similar to this http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400556532406?lpid=82
Audio: Countryman B3 + AT853(hypers/cards/subcards) + SBD feeds
Wireless Receivers: Lots of those
Antennas: Lots of those
Cables: Lots of those
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #278 on: February 10, 2014, 12:03:13 AM »
so to plug this with 2 different mono sources on the 2 mono females would give the 2 same channels in the resulting stereo file among you ?

I don't know what you mean there. 

The item you linked to is probably wired in such a way as to do what I think you want, but it is unclear from the description and the labeling of the connectors exactly how it is wired.  There may be something printed on or molded into the black female connector housings which indicates 'left' or 'tip' on one of them, and 'right' or 'ring' on the other, but the photo doesn't show that and the description doesn't indicate it either. 

The colors (and presumably the printed labels, which can't be read in the photo) on the one pictured below makes the connections a lot more clear by indicating that one female leg (black) has it's sleeve wired to the male leg's sleeve and it's tip to the male leg tip, and the other female leg (red) has it's sleeve wired to male leg sleeve as well, but it's tip connected to the male ring.  If you insert that male TRS plug into one of the DR2d's input jacks, this 'Y' would route the white input leg to the left channel and the red input leg to the right channel.

I'm pretty sure that's what you are trying to do.  Both the 'Y' pictured below (with mono 3.5 TS female jacks), and the 'Y' hoserama linked to (with mono RCA female jacks) will do that and they  clearly indicate how they are wired.

Offline hoserama

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #279 on: February 10, 2014, 08:51:09 AM »
Gutbucket said it better than I could. I need to not post while I'm sick and sleepy.

But yes, be careful to get cords that specifically designate the wiring. Learning how TRS works is a good thing :)
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline achtungpop

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #280 on: February 10, 2014, 03:28:41 PM »
hum ok, can you give me a link to buy one because I don't know what to write on google to find this . Hoserama I've read your post too late I guess, there's nothing on your link anymore but if female input were RCA it's less interesting for me ...
thanx .

Offline hoserama

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #281 on: February 10, 2014, 06:56:27 PM »

Offline achtungpop

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #282 on: February 11, 2014, 04:38:32 AM »
thanx
On your last link they really describe accuratly that it makes what I mean.
Strange that you prefer RCA, I mean it needs a double adaptater, when the output of the scanner is jack it would give jack male to rca male > rca female to jack stereo . Easier to buy directly a jack female to male stereo . But it's easier to find rca to jack that's right . My problem is I don't find this directly in France on google . Will have to pay lots of shipping for a small thing . So maybe I will try the rca solution . thanx guys .
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:40:47 AM by achtungpop »

Offline hoserama

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #283 on: February 11, 2014, 08:49:36 AM »
Well I don't even use something like this. I just use a 1/8" TRS to RCA-male cord, and then have a RCA/1/8" TS adapter for each. So it terminates easily into a 1/8" port.

Offline achtungpop

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #284 on: February 11, 2014, 09:31:10 AM »
you mean this

and then this

?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:32:44 AM by achtungpop »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com