Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: handheld recorder for home and concert recording  (Read 2703 times)

Offline zorba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
handheld recorder for home and concert recording
« on: March 15, 2011, 03:17:14 AM »
Hello,
I'm searching for an handheld recorder for:
1. home study: I'm a clarinet player and I want to record myself (alone or with a piano). I need to press the rec button, the stop button and then play recorded data by simply pressing the play button
2. recording chamber music/ancient music concerts: I need to record my concert with good quality, possibly with internal mics (when I play I need to think to music not to a recorder :) )

I saw theese models:
1. sony d50: very good but big and expensive. Can it replay immediately the recording?
2. sony m10: good but omni mics
3. tascam dr2d: I like it, but what you think about this recorder?

With these recorder can I replay immediately what I recorded or I need to navigate into folders for searching the file?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english!

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
Re: handheld recorder for home and concert recording
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 07:21:06 AM »
With the choice of those three, I think I would go for the Sony PCM-D50.

Offline dogmusic

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 07:50:07 AM »

With these recorder can I replay immediately what I recorded or I need to navigate into folders for searching the file?

You can immediately replay the file you just recorded with any of those recorders. You do NOT need to navigate into folders to search for the file.
"The ear is much more than a mere appendage on the side of the head." - Catherine Parker Anthony, Structure and Function of the Human Body (1972)

"That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?" - Firesign Theatre

Offline zorba

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 08:36:49 AM »
You can immediately replay the file you just recorded with any of those recorders. You do NOT need to navigate into folders to search for the file.

Thanks!
Anyone that own the d50 (or the others recorders) can confirm this? It's a very useful function.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 10:35:45 AM »
the menus and navigation of the sony m10 and d50 are very identical to one another and therefore you're not required to navigate to any folder to play the recording.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 01:53:28 PM »
I have the D50 and the DR-2d.  If you can get the D50 go with it.  I freakin' love mine.  I will never give it up.  The M10 will perform as well but I'm not a fan of fixed omnis as internals.  I've compared the internals of the D50 and the DR-2d and they sounds pretty close to me.

Here's a thread where I posted some samples:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=142911.msg1845922#msg1845922

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com