Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How do I Reformat/Defrag with iRiver H120?  (Read 2043 times)

Offline §†∑∫åµÞ≥¥

• You can call me Steve.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
How do I Reformat/Defrag with iRiver H120?
« on: April 11, 2006, 10:57:53 AM »
I recently picked one of these up and ran some recording tests this morning, but was only able to record for a minute before the iRiver said 0MB memory remaining. ??? I purchased this refurbed from eBay and it is technically the older iHP-120 version, so maybe there are old or corrupted files in existence on mine?

Also, is there a way to keep the Line-In recording format as wav? For some reason, everytime I restart my iRiver it opens up on the recording screen (good!) but the format is mp3 even though I constantly switch it to wav (bad). I have downloaded Rockbox but with my memory issue am guessing a reformat would be a good place to re-start, then start over from scratch again. For now, there is nothing on the unit which needs to be saved, so a reformat is no big deal. I just go Menu>Format, right?

Thanks for any input...
Steve
"Absurdity is the only reality." - FZ

LMA recordings
www.nutritionbulk.com

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
Re: How do I Reformat/Defrag with iRiver H120?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 05:51:01 PM »
As far as I know, I would just plug the iriver in and right click on the drive it takes and select format.  That should wipe it clean.  Rockbox will give you all the features you need for recording (always stays on wav file and the frequency you select).

SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline rsimms3

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: How do I Reformat/Defrag with iRiver H120?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 06:07:18 PM »
There is an onboard format in the original firmware.  Let me see....no....let me get my unit out of the car....okay.  Menu > General > Format.  I am using original firmware 1.65u that is Rockbox hacked.  Format is the last option under General.  Remember, this will wipe EVERYTHING off of your unit including the Rockbox firmware.  The original hacked iRiver firmware should remain and you just copy/paste the Rockbox firmware back to the main part of the unit to get it running again.  Great utility, cleaned off a corrupted file this way with the unit I sold here to get it working proper again.
FOR SALE - Check HERE

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com