Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Iriver 140 formatted in ntsb ? won't accept rockbox fat32 files - help  (Read 1686 times)

Offline dr fred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Hi folk's-
 Just got a used Iriver 140 and can't get it to upgrade to the patched rockbox bootloader - the hard drive files come up in windows as being ntsb ? -[ may have garbled the actual initials] but the problem is when I get to the upgrade step in the rockbox procedure -where you are supposed to use the 140 general menu to load the files - nothing happens- would really appreciate any help any one can offer ? Thank's --

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
Re: Iriver 140 formatted in ntsb ? won't accept rockbox fat32 files - help
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 03:36:23 AM »
you probably mean ntfs - which would mean that the original iriver firmware also doesn't work.

get swissknife (http://www.compuapps.com/download/Swissknife/swissknife.htm) and format the drive to FAT32. Be carefull you select the correct drive ;)
Windows may not want to format drives over 32GB, so the above tool comes recommended.

Offline dr fred

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Iriver 140 formatted in ntsb ? won't accept rockbox fat32 files - help
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 11:56:52 AM »
Petur-
 Thank's so much for the help - I will try this route - I am really looking forward to using the Rockbox'd 140 along w/ a UA-5 front end - You Rockbox guys really deserve a lot of credit for the time and effort put into this program ! 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com