Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mic2496 switches?  (Read 2636 times)

Offline English Haze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Mic2496 switches?
« on: October 10, 2005, 05:15:01 PM »
Has anyone got a version of the Core Sound Mic2496 with the smaller toggle switches as shown in the pic. on the web site?

http://www.core-sound.com/Mic2496/1.php

Mine has much larger toggle switches and are quite bulky. I only purchased it a month to 6 weeks ago. Just interested to see if any have been produced with the smaller toggle switches or not.

Offline English Haze

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Mic2496 switches?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 04:43:06 AM »
So, should I assume that no one has a version of this with the small switches then?  Or has no one else got one at all? I'd appreciate your input if you do own one of these.  If no one has a version with the smaller switches it's a bit cheeky to picture the unit with them in the advertising but then supply it with great stumps sticking out the sides. Makes it a little tricky to hold on to and to conceal.

Also, the mic. level indicators on mine only work for one channel.  I think I'm going to send this back to Len for an overhaul.

Offline jeromejello

• Team Florida - always brings the heat
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • surly tapir
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 10:03:24 AM »
sorry, i am of no help since i dont have a mic2496... there are a couple of folks on the board that have them, but i dont know how often they are around... however...

If no one has a version with the smaller switches it's a bit cheeky to picture the unit with them in the advertising but then supply it with great stumps sticking out the sides.

sounds like you have been welcomed into the vortex of len's customer service - good luck with that.
open: mbho 603a (ka200n/ka500hn) > SD MP-2 > PCM-M10
stealth: AT853a (o/sc/c/h) > SD MP-2 > ihp120
misc: Earthworks SR77 | Shure VP88

bt & dime

Offline ghibliss

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 10:24:50 PM »
I just picked upa  new mic2496 today which has the large toggle switches on it as well!  I will ask Len what the story is with the small switches on Monday.

Offline TenoRichards

• Taperssection Regular
  • Resident Taper/Audiophile Wannabe
    • Tenor
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 04:29:08 AM »
Sorry, missed this post.

Mine initially came w/ smaller dongles but the apparatus that keeps them secured into the box itself came away from the housing. I took it back to Len (when I lived in NYC) and he replaced it for me on the spot. Very gladly, I might add. Service problems? I think not :-).

For the most part I have been happy w/ my 2496. I AM initerested to hear what the difference will be when I go to the fully modded 671. But for now, it's doing me well.
dpa 4060's>BBox>acm modded pmd671 or Edirol r-09
www.tenorrichards.com

Offline ghibliss

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 03:29:31 PM »
I just spoke with Len at Core-Sound regarding the Mic2496 switches.  The current large toggle switches are locking toggles which you need to pull out on and then select witch orientation you want to place the switch in.  This type of switch makes it nearly impossible to accidentally change the setting which you make when you begin tapeing.   Len can install the smaller switches which are not locking style for about $25.00 per switch (pretty expensive in my book).  He said that they will ulimately be going to a slide switch design which will be more compact and also be a secure type of switch to use to prevent accidental changes from taking place.   

I purchased my Mic2496 with the DPA4061's which do not reuqire phantom power so Len has internally disabled the phantom power switch so that I will not accidentally smoke my microphones if I place the Phantom power toggle in the wrong orientation.  I used the set-up at thre Cream concert at the Garden recently and was amazed at how good the sound quality was.  I recorded at 44.1/24 with a Microtrack 24/96 onto a 4 gig CF card with no problems.  The batteries in both the MT 24/96 and the Mic2496 both lasted longer then the concert with plenty of juice in reserve.

I have purchased a model PP-99 Power Station battery pack which can supply the current to the MT 24/96 for far longer then I will ever need as it has 4200 maH which should be enough to go for close to a day since the microphones are powered by the Core-Sound 
Mic2496.  The Mic2496 will go for 5 hours on one 9-volt radio battery which can be replaced on the fly  in a few seconds if needed. 

I used the activity lights on the Mic 2496 to adjus the gain with and would adjust to slightly below the 1 db indicator which provided excellent results.

Offline MATTZS

• Black Sheep Of Taping
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team Audix!!
    • list
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 10:06:03 AM »
I know I'm a month or so late on this topic however,
I've had mine for well over a year, it came with the small toggles, and as mentioned above they have switched while recording. I now have them neatly duck taped in position to avoid that from happing again. Very happy with the unit.
STEALTH = M1290-HC>MIC 2496>MT 24/96
SUPER STEALTH = SP-CMC-8>SP-MT-MIC-PWR
>MT 24/96
also have:
PS-2, AD-20, JB3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.127 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com