Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Power Supply for Nbox instead of 9V  (Read 10879 times)

Offline Josephine

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Power Supply for Nbox instead of 9V
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2005, 04:15:28 AM »
I have used these 9.6v batteries in my nbox and would advise against it.  Lost a couple good recordings because of it.

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/mh-96v200.htm
Schoeps MK4 / MK4v / MK41 > actives > NBox+ > R-09HR

~   On Dime   ~
~   My Recordings   ~
~   Live Music Archive   ~

Offline schoepsnbox

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Nbox...........Zero's and One's
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2005, 09:49:35 AM »
I have used these 9.6v batteries in my nbox and would advise against it.  Lost a couple good recordings because of it.

Josephine, you used four of those correct....I am recommending using two of these on the change every other show side of the box and regular disposable on the other.   Just thinking that this could be a cost saving measure for those who stealth shows like yourself ;D

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2005, 10:38:36 AM »

Thanks for the first-hand info, Val.  :)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Josephine

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2005, 12:43:15 PM »
Most of my taping "adventures" average around three hours.  Before each time I go out, I throw two new batteries into my nbox, moving the "every show" batts. into the "every other show" batts. position.  I'm only going through two batteries an adventure; therefore, I really have no complaints about my nbox's battery consumption.  When I first started, I was unhappy because I was using rechargeables.

Using the rechargeables in the manner you suggested, Nic, would work fine . . . . just seems like it'd be more of a hassle than it is worth.  And I've got them sitting right here.  I'd still be putting in two new batteries at a time and I don't really see where you'd be saving anything.

~   On Dime   ~
~   My Recordings   ~

Offline schoepsnbox

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Nbox...........Zero's and One's
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2005, 01:18:46 PM »
ok, lets forget the rechargables.  I would rather see you leave the change every other show batts in place rather than taking the every show batts and moving them over.  The every show batts at the end of a show, if you started off with 4 fresh will have less voltage than the others.  Just want to see you maximize your battery usage, thats all.

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »
ok, lets forget the rechargables.  I would rather see you leave the change every other show batts in place rather than taking the every show batts and moving them over.  The every show batts at the end of a show, if you started off with 4 fresh will have less voltage than the others.  Just want to see you maximize your battery usage, thats all.

I have had great success moving the every show batts over to the every other show batts.  As stated in another thread with a link on this thread.... ;D

1 to 3 and 2 to 4....replacing 1 and 2.  The same way Josephine is talking about.  Somebody was talking about a smaller box with some sort of pin connector that would connect the Nbox to the 9v or other sufficient batt system.  That is a cool idea.  Ya know schoepsnbox I am always trying to have fun modifying the box.

Alex:  Your right.....we're wimps.  :-[  Actually I have been told I need a WAAAAMBULANCE on this site so your statement is right on. ::) I just really would like a rechargable Li Ion for this box.    I have stated before I love the box.  Sounds great with the R1 IMO.  Just for the record if anything ever happens to me please bury me with my Nbox.... :)

??????Living Colour tonight????
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 01:02:26 PM by m0k3 »

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2005, 02:09:31 PM »
Just for the record if anything ever happens to me please bury me with my Nbox.... :)

Just for the record.. Do you mean in a casket with the nbox or cremated with your ashes *in* the nbox?
If the former, what kind of batteries?  Or no batteries because they'll leak?

Offline Josephine

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2005, 03:00:37 PM »
Alex:  Your right.....we're wimps.

Hey fluff, speak for yourself.  ;)   

Just pop the top off the box and swap the fucking batteries. Takes about 90 seconds max. I do it at festivals such as Bridge School benefit where taping is not allowed and one needs to be discrete about such things.

I did this at the Long Beach Bllues Fest.  Not a big deal.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 01:01:51 PM by m0k3 »

~   On Dime   ~
~   My Recordings   ~

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2005, 01:25:20 AM »
Alex:  Your right.....we're wimps.

Hey fluff, speak for yourself.  ;)   

Just pop the top off the box and swap the fucking batteries. Takes about 90 seconds max. I do it at festivals such as Bridge School benefit where taping is not allowed and one needs to be discrete about such things.

I did this at the Long Beach Bllues Fest.  Not a big deal.

Hey, can anyone tell me what the NBox and/or provide documentation?  Is this one of jk_labs boxes?  I'm looking at building something like this to power AKG CK61,2,3 capsules.

Thanks,
  Richard
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 01:01:26 PM by m0k3 »
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.095 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com