Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Weird file format change or disappearance  (Read 1598 times)

Offline waltmon

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
Weird file format change or disappearance
« on: August 21, 2013, 02:09:36 AM »
I'm using a WD 2 tb external right now for storage. I was editing my Bill Graham Phish shows all weekend. I had a file with a bunch of smaller files. 24 BIT masters....edits...flacs etc . When I went to access them today with a double click..it asked me if I wanted to format the drive...which sounded bad. It shows that empty when I hover mouse over it...but it won't allow me to move anything to it or delete it...none of the other files on the drive appear effected.
KM140's, KM150's, U89's, Mixpre-10T II, 788T, F3

CA-14 > UBB > Tascam DR-2D

1 pound non-sequential $50.00 bills

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Weird file format change or disappearance
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 01:15:57 PM »
I looked at the WD site for info that might help. You can try also since you can give the specific model number of your external drive to narrow things down.

However, you might start with this. WD has a diagnostic program and according to the URL (copied and pasted):

The Windows version of the Data Lifeguard Diagnostics utility can perform drive identification, diagnostics, and repairs on a Western Digital FireWire, EIDE, Serial ATA, or USB drive. In addition, it can provide the drive's serial and model numbers.

Here's the URL which also contains a how to video
http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/search/1/a_id/940/c/130/p/228,209,316

Good luck!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com