Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: audio room pics, revisited  (Read 81868 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
audio room pics, revisited
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:05:20 AM »
Mr. Moke had a "post pictures of your system" thread a year or so ago.  I'm sure many of us have new digs by now though.
time for new pictures!

we all know the "recording rooms"..they vary.  the recording rigs get endlessly pictured...and its great to see all the techniques in action..but a bag of gear is not as sexy looking as a nice stereo pic.

so lets see them!  there are more than a few of you out there with systems i'd love to see.

I'll start w/this: http://tinyurl.com/2ryysp

I'd really like to motivate Carl to take pics of his office system.
Janka w/his fat listeing room.
who is it that has the full Manley rig > vr4jrs?  I've never seen pics of that system, and would love to see those snappers.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:14:13 AM by Nick's Picks »

Offline Nick's Picks

Re: audio room pics, revisited
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 07:55:59 AM »
what...? you guys forget how to use a camera?

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 08:29:21 AM »
It's 8:30am.... and I've been up since 12:00 pm yesterday.....I can't even see straight ...I just got one of my  dvd burners working and I have many gigs to burn before I sleep...been working on it for a few weeks now....I'll post some pics of my shitty room as soon as I can see, man.....Sorry..

Peace,
jk

ps: after looking at your ....... you have me beat, hands down..

Nice digs ...
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 11:29:43 AM »
its not a competition.
:)

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 03:34:57 PM »
ok. since you asked. pioneer563a/denon955/sonyr300>sony 3000es>b&w604s2/velodynevx10. all digital cables are cheapo AR. the speakers are biwired w/ homebrew silver on the mids and highs and homebrew fat-ass copper on the subs.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline Jammin72

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 07:39:17 PM »
ok. since you asked. pioneer563a/denon955/sonyr300>sony 3000es>b&w604s2/velodynevx10. all digital cables are cheapo AR. the speakers are biwired w/ homebrew silver on the mids and highs and homebrew fat-ass copper on the subs.

How are you bi wiring with the STR-DA3000.... A+B Speakers?
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 10:15:39 PM »

You're thinking biamp. 

Offline Jammin72

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 10:24:17 PM »
That's interesting....

I've always heard them used synonymously.

Then you're saying two sets of wire coming from a single output to the two inputs on the speaker or literally two cables per connection?

I would think the first would somehow change the impedance if they're physically disconnected.
Yes, but what do you HEAR?

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 10:35:29 PM »
its not a competition.
:)

I always though ......he who dies with the most toys, wins..... :wink2:

Peace,
jk
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

cshepherd

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 10:55:21 PM »
That's interesting....

I've always heard them used synonymously.

Then you're saying two sets of wire coming from a single output to the two inputs on the speaker or literally two cables per connection?

I would think the first would somehow change the impedance if they're physically disconnected.

Bi-amp refers to using two channels of amplification for each speaker.  Bi-Wiring is what you say...two cables on one channel of amplification.  The cable's impedance is reduced by 50% in a bi-wire configuration.

Chris

Offline Tim

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 10:59:15 PM »
my room, not great pics (issues with camera, had to lighten them with some free ware  ;D ) but they'll give you an idea of my room. Lots of hard surfaces that need covering but its still a great place to listen to tunes

B&W 602.5's, Paradigm PDR-8
Toshiba 3960, DA20mkII, Bel Canto DAC 2
Antique Sound Labs aq1003dt
Leegeddy speaker cables and interconnects

« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 11:05:52 PM by Tim »
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 11:57:22 PM »

exactly.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 07:18:02 AM »
  Bi-Wiring is what you say...two cables on one channel of amplification.  The cable's impedance is reduced by 50% in a bi-wire configuration.

Chris

Chris..
Isnt a bi-wire config one run of wire...that forks at the speaker end and runs to the binding posts?

a shotgun is two seperate runs of wire going from the amp to the individual posts.

or am I wrong?
in a shotgun, you loose nothing as the signal is never "split"

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 08:05:03 AM »
Yes, Bi-Wire is one wire with four leads while Shotgun is two seperate wires usually with four leads on each wire.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 08:27:46 AM »
I love these threads.  I've had significant changes since last time, so I'll take some pics and post tonight prolly.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.298 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com