Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Naiant IPA  (Read 123559 times)

Offline Hypnocracy

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Hypnocratic Missionary
    • Hypno on teh LMA
Re: Naiant IPA
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 03:56:11 PM »
It is possible to add the new PFA polarization voltage circuit to v1 tinyboxes internally, so that v1 tinyboxes can also support actives.
Is it a TB version 1? Above is a quote from a closed topic in the Retail Section. I know Jon made many Nbox supported Tinyboxes...and if you now have the PFA internal I guess it's just a matter of a new pigtail with the correct Nbox Binder connectors.

This must be heaven -- 'cause here's where the rainbow ends
If this ain't the real thing, then it's close enough to pretend

Offline spybo

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 06:29:22 PM »
Hi Jon,
I'm just after an IPA with stereo minijacks in/out and a 3 way gain switch- 0/10/15....got plenty of 23A batteries.
All possible?
Cheers mate

Offline SxPxDxCx

• Trade Count: (1)
    • THATSTHETHINGABOUTTHAT.blogspot
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2016, 05:12:58 PM »
Here is my IPA setup

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Denis Diderot:

MBHO KA 500 / KA 200N > Naiant IPAs / JKLabs > PCM-M10
AT933 C >SP-SPSB-1 > PCM-M10

Offline spybo

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2016, 06:49:35 AM »
Hey Jon,
Thanks for the reply on the board.
I would like to order a pair of IPA's with the stereo mini-jack in/out and 3 way gain switch....can the minijacks be placed either end..one for-in the other-out ??...I don't mind a plastic end if that is what you will use...it makes for a neat "inline" small pre which is what I want.
In any case please reply and tell me how to describe this on your website when ordering....or PM me.
( am happy to have a very short stereo minijack>>minixlr cable made as a go-between if it is possible for the reason you mention.)
Thanks

Offline pohaku

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2016, 11:42:10 AM »
Jon doesn't use the PM system on the Board.  Better to e-mail him:

music@naiant.com

He is very responsive.
Mics: akg c460 (ck61, ck63), c414buls, c568eb; at4049a, 4051a, 4053a, at853; josephson c42; neumann U87, km84i; beyer m130, m160, m500; aea r84; gefell m71, mt711s, m200, m201, um70S; sony c38; schoeps cmc6, CMBI (mk4, mk21, mk41, mk4v); sennheiser mkh30, mkh40, md421, md431, md541; audix m1290
Pres: API, a-designs, pendulum, purple, millennia TD-1 and HV-32P, gt, littlebox, tinybox, usbpre2, CA 9200, pipsqueak, grace V2, DAV BG1
Cables: KCY, CMR, Naiant AKG actives, PFAs, asst.  GAKables and Darktrain
Recorders/converters/monitors: dr680, m10, dr-2d, d50, zoom f8 & F8n pro, 788T SSD CL-8, lynx aurora 8, Neumann KH20

Yeah, I'm an attorney, but everyone needs a day job

Offline spybo

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2016, 09:24:27 AM »
Thanks!....will do

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2016, 02:55:44 PM »
Looks very interesting.  Marking thread.

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2016, 10:56:17 AM »
Here is my IPA setup

Why two IPA's?
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2016, 02:13:23 PM »
Here is my IPA setup

Why two IPA's?
one for each channel/mic I assume

I am still confused with these though, they can run 9v "pip" mics correct ??
They can run "actives", in my case naiant akg, correct ??
They can NOT run 48v mics, correct ??
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2016, 12:01:31 AM »
How do these work with the KCY cable?  The KCY is a Y-cable that connects to two caps, so that would mean you only need one IPA for a set of two MK caps?  And what was the reason again why there can only be an XLR+1/8" output but not just a 1/8" output?  Is it due to design/pre-make parts or some other reason?

Offline Sebastian

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2016, 05:47:37 AM »
Here's mine, next to my tinybox for size comparison. Click on the picture for a bigger version.

How do these work with the KCY cable?  The KCY is a Y-cable that connects to two caps, so that would mean you only need one IPA for a set of two MK caps?

I suppose it works the same way my Nbob/IPA setup works.

Offline su6oxone

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2016, 05:16:28 PM »
Here's mine, next to my tinybox for size comparison. Click on the picture for a bigger version.

Thanks for the pic!

So it looks like you use a single IPA with a KCY (? of is that a "Nbob" cable?) cable to power two MK caps.  I see there is a 1/8" cable plugged in on the end that the KCY cable plugs into the IPA, and is that the XLR output on the other end?  It looks like nothing is plugged in on that end in the pic. 

Offline Sebastian

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2016, 06:09:28 PM »
So it looks like you use a single IPA with a KCY (? of is that a "Nbob" cable?) cable to power two MK caps.  I see there is a 1/8" cable plugged in on the end that the KCY cable plugs into the IPA, and is that the XLR output on the other end?  It looks like nothing is plugged in on that end in the pic. 

That's an NBob cable, but I see no reason why KCY would work any different if you order the KCY version of the IPA. And yes, you don't need to use the XLR output at all. You can just use the 3.5mm output to feed a portable recorder like the M10. I have yet to run this setup in the field, though (just got the IPA in the mail yesterday).

Offline su6oxone

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2016, 06:17:04 PM »
That's an NBob cable, but I see no reason why KCY would work any different if you order the KCY version of the IPA. And yes, you don't need to use the XLR output at all. You can just use the 3.5mm output to feed a portable recorder like the M10. I have yet to run this setup in the field, though (just got the IPA in the mail yesterday).

Thanks, that helps a lot.  But does the IPA provide phantom power?  I think Jon said in a different thread that it does not?  And do you know how easy/hard it is to replace batteries?

Thanks again!

Offline Sebastian

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2016, 02:51:27 AM »
Thanks, that helps a lot.  But does the IPA provide phantom power?  I think Jon said in a different thread that it does not?  And do you know how easy/hard it is to replace batteries?

It does not provide phantom power, but it's capable of powering active mic capsules directly.

Battery replacement is easy. You open the IPA using two thumb screws. It looks like this when opened:

As you can see, the battery clip is right there.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com