Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stealth Recordings in Europe, need a mic and have no clue  (Read 10208 times)

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Stealth Recordings in Europe, need a mic and have no clue
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »
^^ So what gear did you wind up buying, gauloises?  Looking forward to hearing your recording when you post it.

I´m proud owner of an Edirol R 09 HR with a Sony ECM 719 Microfone :-)

Do people post their recordings or samples of it here as well? I didn´t stumble upon a section for that so far, but I´d definitely be curious to hear some thoughts from people who know their stuff (know more than me anyways to begin with... ;-))
For know I won´t be able to upload anything anywhere though, since I still have one single track and can´t edit it yet. I used to have Wavelab, but my old version isn´t working with my new PC anymore and I still need an alternative program.

There's a section called "Kickdown Central" where tapers post announcements and links to their recordings and there are some great pulls to be heard.  Depending on who you recorded and what their view is on taping, there are several different places where you can make your recording available: Live Music Archive, etree, Dime A Dozen, The Trader's Den, etc.  If none of those options appeal to you or fit the bill, some folks upload their recordings to Mediafire, Rapidshare, Megaupload or any number of file hosting services on the web in order to share their pulls.

If you need an editing program, I (and I'm sure many others) can recommend Audacity.  It's cross-platform, a lot of people get great results with it and it's FREE.  Also free, I'd recommend adding Trader's Little Helper to your program list, too.  The Swiss-Army tool for tapers, it can check files for SBE's, create checksum files, create torrent files and convert playback files to several formats, among other things.

Offline gauloisesblondes123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 01:29:10 AM »
Yeah, thank you, I will check out the programs you mentioned. Although I´d prefer to get my old one running again (Wavelab)

I know Dime, Traders Den, Etree etc. I just thought I´d let some people hear it first and tell me wether it´s an ok taping or totally crap before I upload it somewhere there... :-) I think as soon as I have some splitted tracks I´ll use some megaupload-link and post them here somewhere...

Offline gauloisesblondes123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »
ok, this is not quite how I planned it to be, but here are the first few tracks from the show I taped:
Incubus - Cologne 2011-11-19

Track 1 - Megalomaniac
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NPBDE15Z

Track 2 - Pardon Me
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YH0ZUBVQ

Track 4 - Promises, Promises
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AYZD4H9E

I had some troubles with splitting the file into different tracks and my programm crashed after first 4 songs always... The track endings a pretty roughly and not how I´ll finally place them...

I was gonna ask some questions about songs being played later but now you probably can just give me a first feedback?

The level from left and right channel are quite different (bare with me, in case I don´t use correct terms here)... Is this normal

I recorded in 24bit and 44 kHz but the program saved the files in 16 and 44.1 (wasn´t aware of that) Apart from that I didn´t do anything to the files (yet) (Have no idea what I´m supposed to do or can do anyways... ;-))

Ok, let me know what you think and thanks in advance

oh yeah, let me stress, that this was my first taping ever... so be kind while honest ;-)

Offline Sebastian

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 02:44:47 PM »
Hey there,

congratulations on your first recording. I think it sounds quite good considering it's the first time you've ever stealth taped a concert. My first few recordings did not come out that good when I started in 1998.

Your problem with the left and right channels having different levels probably comes from mic placement and/or your location in the venue. Since this is a stealth recording, this should probably be discussed in PMs. Feel free to contact me (I'm from Germany, too) if you need any help with fixing this.

For track splitting, consider using CD Wave Editor. IMHO, it's the best program for splitting tracks - and you can download it for free.

Anyway, feel free to PM me with further questions concerning taping shows in Germany.

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2011, 06:32:50 PM »
CD Wave Editor....you will like it enough, and use it enough, to send cash to get a registered copy.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com