Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DPA 4060s/HEBs into iRiver/R09  (Read 9381 times)

Offline divamum

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: DPA 4060s/HEBs into iRiver/R09
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2006, 01:44:54 PM »
Eeeeenteresting....

This of course for MY projected plans <rubs hands and cackles gleefully in anticipation> begs the question - would they need to be attenuated running mic in to an iRiver and power-off-pre-on into an R09?

Man. My cyberwindowshopping is getting out of control.

And I may have to hate you for having multiple sets of DPAs.  Or at least just be green with tapir envy ;)
DPA4060
R09

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2006, 02:33:11 PM »
No attenuation necessary into the R-09, it can accept a very hot signal and attenuate as needed using the level control for either mic or line in.  I'm unfamiliar with the IRiver.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline optimisticpessimist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2006, 02:59:31 PM »
Final Q (for the time being): I finally saw a decent pic of the HEB's + cs BB and see how the mics are terminated in the mini XLR AND the 1/8".  Can THAT 1/8" connection into something like the iRiver (even without the BB)?  Obviously, I realise there are still debatable power issues w/the iRiver, but I'm interested in whether or not the physical connection can run that way and produce a signal.    Or does it have to pass through the XLR connection first?  Sorry if this is really obvious - I've just never seen them in person, so it's kinda hard to tell how the chain works...

Tx again for putting up with the dumbass questions!

I'm pretty sure that if you don't connect anything to the XLR, that you will not get a signal going into the 1/8" plug.  As I understand it, the signal goes from the mics into two of the connectors on the XLR, into the batt box, and then back out the batt box through two different connectors on the XLR.  With nothing connected, there's no complete circuit.

Apologies if I'm wrong here... but as long as I've owned my CSBs and DPAs, this has been my interpretation of the Y configuration that Len is using.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com