Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone ever order from church audio?  (Read 27088 times)

Offline live2cd

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Facebook.
Re: Anyone ever order from church audio?
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2023, 11:58:31 PM »
And he is still having "sales" on Facebook.
yep! thats why i wanted to comment on this post to warn people.
DPA 4060 [CS HEB] > CS BB
CA-14 (c) > CA 9200
CA-14 (o) > CA 9200
SP-CMC-8 Cardioids (4.7k mod) > SP-SPSB-11
pri deck: Sony PCM M10 | alt decks: TASCAM DR‑2D & Sony PCM A10

Offline opsopcopolis

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2023, 02:56:47 AM »
Last time I ordered from one of his sales I had my mics and battery box within 2 weeks

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2023, 08:47:46 AM »
I was at the local dope shop a few days ago and saw this ... and then it all started making sense.

Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline T-90

• Trade Count: (7)
  • ya aint gotta do what ya aint gotta do
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2023, 10:34:37 PM »
Ha!  Classic!
"I dont sing...I dont dance...and I dont like to be around anyone who does" D.Letterman
DPA 4023, AT4051a, AT4053a
Countryman B3, AT853(4.7k,c,sc,h)
V3, FP24, Bm2p+ UA5, ST9100
OCM Edirol R-44, Sony PCM-M10

Offline bonghitwillie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2023, 05:31:18 PM »
i have a set of his mics that terminate into a 1/8" male stereo or trs. i just tried to use them with the 9v open face box they came with (2x1/8"trs i/o). seems like there is a problem. any idea how to power these things? anyone have a schematic? thx in advance.

Offline unidentified

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2023, 11:04:24 PM »
Tell me more about the problem.

Offline rebaputastopper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2023, 12:31:18 AM »
Unfortunately, I had a poor experience with him as well.

I ordered a pair of CA-14 omnis from him on February 8, 2023 and the Ugly Battery Box a couple weeks later. By the 23rd, they had not yet shipped, so I reached out. March 6, I'm told they're "going out this week." March 11 comes by and I request a refund and open a dispute with PayPal. I get a response blaming the weather for the delay in shipping and how this is just a hobby business and all that. Then he asks me if I'll accept $60 back as a refund on the battery box and he'll send out the mics in a couple days. I accept, close the case and within a few days, both items arrived in the mail. So, I got a free battery box out of the deal, nearly a month and a half later.

Another thing I wasn't too impressed by was the lack of packing materials included. Both the mics and battery box were sent in a plain, flat bubble mailer. For what was to be $200 worth of audio recording equipment, I was shocked to see how poorly they'd been packed.

I've yet to really use any of this stuff, actually. Went through the hassle of bringing it with me into the Hollywood Bowl on 04/22, but figured trying to stealth from way in the very back of the Bowl while there was an OTS would just be futile.

Offline live2cd

• Taperssection Member
    • Facebook.
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2023, 06:26:26 AM »
CC made an announcement that he was no longer going to build preamps or microphones and was selling off his inventory last year. I am an avid user of his CA9200 preamp with his CA-14 cards and omnis and wanted a backup for when my current one dies. I knew he would take a long time - even months before ordering. Im sure he will still come through (he always has for me)...

but just wanted to put this out there for anyone wondering if hes better at his shipping timelines:

I paypaled him $249+$25 shipping + PayPal INTL fees on June 8th 2022.
9 excuses since and no shipment.

any month now  :lol:
update on mine: he messaged me from the PO today saying they are shipping. over a year later, no discount offered for me.
DPA 4060 [CS HEB] > CS BB
CA-14 (c) > CA 9200
CA-14 (o) > CA 9200
SP-CMC-8 Cardioids (4.7k mod) > SP-SPSB-11
pri deck: Sony PCM M10 | alt decks: TASCAM DR‑2D & Sony PCM A10

Offline fanofjam

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2023, 06:37:52 AM »
9 out of 10 taperssection members agree...

Dissatisfaction guaranteed.

Offline unidentified

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2023, 12:26:08 PM »
It's complicated. I am always very satisfied with the microphones, once I have them in my hands. Great products for the price, terrible customer relations. Buy used if you can find them. People tend to hoard them.  Thank you Neutrino for your wonderful repair work on them.

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2023, 03:58:05 PM »
^ I don't think it's all that complicated, to be honest. Personally, I don't think the mics are all that great (there are other options that are better, in my opinion) and the customer service is atrocious. I feel much more confident buying from a company that will communicate, honor time frames, and provide service in a timely manner (and I am willing to pay more for those things). He doesn't even have any decent specs for his stuff ("Frequency response: 20hz to 20khz +/- 10db"; seriously?). The guy had his heyday here on ts.com, but I am surprised that any member would take the plunge at this point...

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2023, 08:23:19 PM »

I bought a pair of the ca11 cardioids very well used in the YS for real cheap. They are really good sounding mics if you can get them in the right spot.

I wouldn't enter into a business transaction with him based on his seemingly unhinged temperament that he displayed as a member here. He popped off on people with a lot of venom. The terrible communication and what seemed like lies and excuses with his customers was more than enough to keep me from dealing with him on any gear but his instability seals the deal.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline firemt66

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2023, 06:00:28 PM »
^ I don't think it's all that complicated, to be honest. Personally, I don't think the mics are all that great (there are other options that are better, in my opinion) and the customer service is atrocious. I feel much more confident buying from a company that will communicate, honor time frames, and provide service in a timely manner (and I am willing to pay more for those things). He doesn't even have any decent specs for his stuff ("Frequency response: 20hz to 20khz +/- 10db"; seriously?). The guy had his heyday here on ts.com, but I am surprised that any member would take the plunge at this point
Just curious what mics are just as small and easily inserted into a hat or necklace like church 14's? I have his mics stuck on double sided velcro tape and placed in one place or another...

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2023, 06:39:07 PM »
AT853 is what I would choose. Sound Professionals has a branded version and that is what I would do instead of the Church Audio path. My first recordings were with a set of CA mics so I'm familiar with the products and still have a set in my gear case.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline unidentified

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2023, 06:43:53 PM »
The ca 14s are fine little microphones and great value for the money. That said, I would not buy from him directly, but keep my eyes open for used ones in the yard sale.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com