Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD-A conversion batch scripts?  (Read 10479 times)

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
DVD-A conversion batch scripts?
« on: October 19, 2005, 11:58:45 PM »
has anybody tried this package of batch scripts?  a friend just turned me onto it yesterday, i'm running my first test right now.
it's a front end script for dvda-author-20050703 and cdrtools-2.01.01a01-win32-bin

http://home.comcast.net/~adobeman/DVDA/DVDA.zip

Unzip it so the dvda dir is at the root of any drive.
Edit the setevn.bat file to point to your dvda dir drive and set the drive for a temp drive as well.
copy the 16bit or 24bit wav's to group1 dir and then click on the makedvda.bat

this will create the dvda.iso that you can burn to a dvd-r

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
Re: DVD-A conversion batch scripts?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 07:43:58 AM »
if you had a mac, you could use the nice pretty graphical front end :)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 01:25:04 PM »
i was referring to the dvd-a app i sent you last week

Offline sleepypedro

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 12:44:42 PM »
maybe i spoke a little too soon:  the scripts aren't working for me.  at least, i don't think they are.

i've been running a process to convert 82 minutes of 24/96 audio to a dvd-a .iso image, and we're coming up on 24 hours later and it's still not done.  the processor (an AMD 3200, fyi) is running at 100% utilization for the entire process, so it is chewing on data apparently, but... wtf?  it's working on two ATA/133 disks, 768 MB of ram, all fairly modern hardware so i'm really stumped.

moke, did you have any luck with it?

Offline sleepypedro

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 01:05:25 PM »
you don't have to feed it raw .wav files?  it can process .flac?  interesting.

or are you just saying to take the original wavs, convert to flac (which would remove the header information), and then extract to wav (presumably cleaner than they'd been previously).

Offline sleepypedro

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 01:57:45 PM »
It converts flac to the necessary information for creating the iso-image (image.iso ?). It doesn't like wav files so much.
Converting to flac first has been flawless for me.

that's great to know.

i even read the documentation too, and i don't remember any reference to flac support.  cool!  +T to you for the assist.

(and yes, i'm proud of you hanging out in the Computer Recording Help forum!   ;D  )

Offline scb

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 02:54:01 PM »
moke was talking about mac GUI for it, but it should be the same :)

the dvda-author tool works better from flac than wav.  certain wav file headers throw it off, but it'll always work from wav. 

but as for the scripts you're using, i'm not sure what's going on there.  maybe something in those scripts is hanging your machine up

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 07:36:37 AM »
hey peter, i downloaded your ween 24/96 show and i'm trying to use the make_dvd.bat in it, but when i click on it, the window pops up for a second and then its gone.  and no where does it make an iso file?

any ideas?

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline sleepypedro

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 09:05:45 AM »
hey peter, i downloaded your ween 24/96 show and i'm trying to use the make_dvd.bat in it, but when i click on it, the window pops up for a second and then its gone.  and no where does it make an iso file?

any ideas?

works like a charm for me, ed.  i just tested it here at work on a single file from that set and it performs exactly as it should.

provided it works, the dvd-a_image.iso file is created within the main folder.

what OS are you on?  both my test environments were XP pro.  you might want to do what i did and just step through the process manually and figure out what's going on.

my script is phenomenally simple -- i'm sure the batch file set that i mentioned in the first post of this thread accomplishes worlds more, but my little two-line wonder does everything i'd ever need it to do

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::*  make_dvd-a
::*  version 0.01
::* 
::*  a very simple script to create dvd-a .iso images from your FLACs
::*  brought to you by peter w. king (sleepypedro_at_yahoo.com)
::*  in the early morning hours of
::*  10/24/2005
::*  http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/ -- read more about it
::*  http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/alpha/ -- download the latest dvda-author here
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

::*  USAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
::*  simply copy this .bat file and the corresponding /make_dvd-a subfolder
::*  into any folder with FLAC files you'd like to make a DVD-a image of.
::*  double-click on make_dvd-a.bat.  wait a few minutes.  that's IT.
::*  then just burn the resulting dvd-a_image.iso with your favorite
::*  dvd-burning program!

%cd%\make_dvd-a\dvda-author -o DVD -g *.flac
%cd%\make_dvd-a\mkisofs -o dvd-a_image.iso -sort %cd%\make_dvd-a\sort.txt  -udf DVD

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 09:26:36 AM »
well, i'm doing something wrong somewhere.

i'm running xp pro as well, but don't know whats up.  the little command prompt screen flashes on my screen and then is gone, so i can't even see what its saying.

right now, in a folder i have the /make_dvd-a subfolder, one flac, and the .bat file in one folder.  i click the .bat file and nothing.

should i be processing the .bat file with anything specific?

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline sleepypedro

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 10:01:16 AM »
well, i'm doing something wrong somewhere.

i'm running xp pro as well, but don't know whats up.  the little command prompt screen flashes on my screen and then is gone, so i can't even see what its saying.

right now, in a folder i have the /make_dvd-a subfolder, one flac, and the .bat file in one folder.  i click the .bat file and nothing.

should i be processing the .bat file with anything specific?

nope, in all my tests it works fine just double-clicking on the .bat.

do this:  open a command window in the actual folder, eg
c:\ween_050716_mk4v.flac24 or whatever

and then run the script manually within the shell.  that'll stay open after the batch runs or fails, and it'll also tell you what went wrong!  let me know and i'll see if i can't make sense of it.

open note to anyone else reading this:  can you download the same fileset and give it a try as well?  thanks.

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 10:24:45 AM »
d'oh, i got it.

gotta have the ween folder in the c:\ directory, not in any other folders.

this'll work for any flac files i want to make into a dvd-a?  are there skips between tracks at all?

+t for making my life a helluva lot easier.

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 10:34:42 AM »
ok, one more dumb question.

how much audio can you fit on one dvd time wise?  seems like i should be able to get a little over 2 hours on one disc, right?

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2005, 11:07:27 AM »
Sleepy, this looks pretty awesome man!  I'm gonna give this a shot when I get home from work later, but I have a couple questions in the meantime...

a) will this work with any sample rate on the input files?   As you fully know, the R-1 is 44.1 - do I have to upsample to 48 before running this process?

b) how does the program know/sort the input files to make sure they are in the correct order in the .iso?  Is there a specific file-naming convention that needs to be followed?

This is the shiznits man!  +T
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline sleepypedro

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005, 11:17:58 AM »
gotta have the ween folder in the c:\ directory, not in any other folders

actually not true --

%cd%\make_dvd-a\dvda-author -o DVD -g *.flac

the %cd% part of the code above is a windows environment variable, returning whatever the Current Directory is, so even if it's nested in /blah/blah/blah/timbuktu it should still work.  (i just tested it, and it does)

if you want to email me privately, we can try to figure out what's going on with your situation.  but it is good to know that you got it working when the folder is at the root of the volume.

this'll work for any flac files i want to make into a dvd-a?  are there skips between tracks at all?

no idea about skips between tracks, i actually have no dvd-a playback equipment at all!  there's not even a software player currently, so... i'm in the dark.  sent a friend home with a test disk last night and he said it mounted and played fine, but i didn't ask him specifically about gaps between tracks. 

and yeah, it should work for any flac files you feed it!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.11 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com