Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Question for 2-rig owners (stealth and open)  (Read 17490 times)

Offline boyacrobat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Question for 2-rig owners (stealth and open)
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 11:52:12 PM »
 such a smack in the head you need for raising tax talk here towards another member.
 not even girls punch that low, not even cockroaches or skunks.
 raise above what you can.

you can.

g

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2008, 12:56:03 AM »
There is also great value in that you can run both rigs at the same time and learn a lot.
..as well as improve your odds.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2008, 09:25:57 AM »
I used to have several rigs of various sizes.   Now I just got a set of actives and a PMD660.  Works for open or stealth.  Not the smallest stealth rig, but it can be done...
Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline Sunday Driver

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2008, 01:51:50 PM »
yoda speaks again ;D

someone asked:
DPA 4028 -> Grace V3 -> SD 722 -- open only (optional V3, sometimes with, sometimes without)
DPA4060 omni's/MMA6000 -> Edirol R09 -- low profile and open

Thanks, I was curious about this.
You either record it or it's gone forever.
My Tapes

Offline red

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2008, 12:31:37 PM »
if anyone has any tips on stealthing solo with dual rigs, i'd love to hear some suggestions (via PM, of course).  thanks!

Offline 90meterInAD8

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2008, 04:10:15 PM »
it makes me confused and scared to see what is and isn't considered a stealth rig, but that's a generational thing.

i remember in '95 saying "you're crazy for stealthing AD1000>D10!!! i'll stick with SXM2>SBM1>D8!"

i thought all those older dudes were nuts with the D10s, and the pre DAT giant cassette decks...and the even older dudes that i never met doing reel stuff, sneaking it in with wheelchairs.

now i look like the maniac. 

stealth means you don't get caught.  after that you can use whatever you want; it's all in the mind.

hey, i'm sure this has been answered, but...how come there isn't a private/invite only "FOBers" sub forum?  is it THAT frowned upon here?

Offline mpmks

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2008, 06:17:20 PM »
reading this topic and many others that debate mic/gear issues always seem to end up giving me a headache. i must really be a taper in the stone ages as i just plug my AT853's into a simple AT batery box (AT8531) and into my R-09 and hit the record. most times i remember to turn the battery box on. i end up with something that almost always tends to please me and seems to please most folks who end up downloading my stuff.
recording (previously known as taping) is really just to please yourself at a budget you can
deal with. i have almost never openly recorded (only 3 SCI shows) and i was way to stressed
to ever do that again as the whole tapers section scene was just too much for me as people
just kept telling me i shoudl patch from them as there stuff was just so much better than what i was running--took the fun out of it.
i do wish i did understand all the lingo and workings of this and that when it comes to gear
but i am mostly happy all my stuff works as that was not always the case. it is obvious alot of people here really do care about the hobby and know alot, be it google sourced or not.
i can understand seperate mics/pre for stealth and open but i would think all else could just be the same.
anyway, i will continue to read and maybe even at 53 learn something about this activity that has escaped me for almost 30 years.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com