Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Few questions about CA equipment  (Read 1987 times)

Offline TimSmith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Few questions about CA equipment
« on: November 27, 2010, 11:17:52 AM »
Hi, all!
At first I want to say thanks everyone here, because reading this great forum helped me very much.

Here's my few questions:
1) I've got Sony PCM-m10 and CA-14 omni mics. Is it ok to use recorder's plug-in power with these mics? I've tried, it seems ok... But won't it hurt the mics?
2) I've got also CA battery box. The problem: when I connect mics-bbox-recorder and start recording (monitoring with headphones) right channel is not always working. If I touch bbox's cable near it's mini-Jack I can hear noise in right channel. It seems that the cable is broken. But I used it only twice (few months ago) and everything was ok. Maybe I should change the battery or something? Or buy new bbox? Any ideas?

3) Will there be much improvement  (for loud concert recording) if I use CA-9100 preamp instead of internal?

Thanks in advance!

P.s. Pardon my English... ;-) 
I know, I know.... My english...

CA-14 (card or omni) -> CA-UGLY-BB or CA-9200 -> Sony PCM-M10

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Few questions about CA equipment
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 02:05:30 PM »
1- No damage will come from using the internal power however you might run into distortion issues because the mics dont have enough power to handle the higher sound pressure levels.

2- Send it back if there is an issue I will fix it for free. One thing to check is open the 3.5 mm connection by untwisting off the black metal shell if this solves the problem bend the two silver contacts inwards. That should prevent them shorting out against the black shell.. This should not be an issue but its worth a try.
PM me for my address if you need it.

3- Loud concert recording... Yes... If you own it you should use it. Get the max gain out of the preamp and the remainder out of your recorder. That being said because of the high sound pressure level you will probably not notice a difference in noise floor.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline TimSmith

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 05:52:34 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Chris!
2) Yes! Bending solved the problem. So nothing is really broken. By the way, shipping there (from Moscow) and back may cost me more than a new bbox, it is not a good idea. ;-) But thanks for the proposal anyway, it's very nice of you.

Tim

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 10:24:28 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Chris!
2) Yes! Bending solved the problem. So nothing is really broken. By the way, shipping there (from Moscow) and back may cost me more than a new bbox, it is not a good idea. ;-) But thanks for the proposal anyway, it's very nice of you.

Tim

Put it in a envelope with a stamp on it.. I can mail you out a new one.. If its broken or had a defect I will replace it. Check the 3.5 mm connection by unscrewing the black cap over the connector to see if its shorting out. Just to make sure thats not the problem.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline TimSmith

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 03:36:48 AM »
Ok, thanks, Chris.  It's fine now. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com