Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Etree/Torrenting Question  (Read 6328 times)

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Etree/Torrenting Question
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 10:14:50 AM »
There are plenty of torrent trackers out there - what kind of contingency plan would be needed?

I was more or less just curious about what would happen if it went away.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 10:20:06 AM »
The folks that run it are pretty much absent.  It would be nice if they were more active, etc...  But it is what it is...

Out of curiosity, is there a contingency plan in case etree goes down for a long time (or period)?

I don't know...

I don't mean to misrepresent the Admins over there, but they keep minimal tabs on BT.ETREE...  They'll delete bad torrents, etc.  But they do minimal work, allowing it to run on its own...

Personally, my contigency plan is to switch to tTD...  What I'll do when DB.ETREE dies, I have no idea...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 11:03:23 AM »
There are plenty of torrent trackers out there - what kind of contingency plan would be needed?

I'd also probably just seed over at TTD. 

That said, I'd think the Phish trading community would go fairly skitzoid if etree ever shut down for any length of time...especially if it happened in the middle of a tour, so a contingency plan does seem reasonable to me.  Perhaps it only needs to be a simple statement somewhere on the site that says if the site goes down, updates will be provided to keep people informed.  Or maybe your point is valid in that this pretty much goes without saying  :-\.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:06:46 AM by tonedeaf »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com