Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to improve the sound of mts recordings?  (Read 4829 times)

Offline soulsirkus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
How to improve the sound of mts recordings?
« on: December 04, 2018, 10:44:45 AM »
In the past I made several video recordings with my Panasonic camera. Is it possible to improve the sound of those recordings, for example by adding more bass? Which program should I use for that?

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: How to improve the sound of mts recordings?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 04:13:55 PM »
Audacity is a free Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) that runs on mac, pc, or linux. It's got a lot of useful plug-ins, and you could certainly find several which would add bass.

https://www.audacityteam.org

These would all work, in varying ways:
Graphic EQ
Parametric (Para) EQ
Multiband Compressor

https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline soulsirkus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 06:26:46 PM »
Thank you, Morst. I installed Audacity, but it does not recognize m2ts files. What can I do about this?

Offline xjsb125

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • An Our Lady Peace Fan Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 07:08:07 PM »
You'll need to extract the audio from the .mts file. Freeware like TSMuxer can separate it for you and then allow you to mux them back together once you've finished your audio work.
"I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die. So let me live my life, the way I want to."

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 05:06:48 PM »
In the past I made several video recordings with my Panasonic camera. Is it possible to improve the sound of those recordings, for example by adding more bass? Which program should I use for that?

What type of camera?  A point-and-shoot with HD video capability or an actually HD camcorder?

Most file-based camera audio is low-bit .ac3 (usually 256 bit).  Some file-based camcorders like the Sony AX100 record in 1536 bit LPCM. 

If you're trying to work with .ac3 256 bit audio in an audio editing program, you really don't have much to work with.  It's like trying to work with mp3s.  But if that's the only audio you have, you don't have much choice.  What I'd highly recommend is getting an audio recording rig.  Even if you're only recording with the rig's internal mics, chances of getting higher quality audio are a lot better than relying on the camera's internal mics.  The other option is to plug external mics into your video camera.  But that's only possible if the camera has a mic in plug - which isn't usually the case with point-and-shoot cams.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.105 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com