Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Busman BSC 1- worth buying?  (Read 17832 times)

Offline rockymtnryan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Busman BSC 1- worth buying?
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2011, 04:23:02 PM »
I love my Busman stereo kit and have been very pleased with the results of the few shows I've taped so far.  I prefer the sound of mine paired with my Busman modified UA-5 over the recordings I've heard with just the Busman mics > various recorders.  Also love the sound of these mics paired with a V2 or V3.  Would I like to have a pair of AKG's?  Sure.  But for the money I don't think you can beat them imo.  I listened to a lot of recordings on the LMA before making my purchase and I feel that Busman makes a solid product.  Looking forward to getting the caps modified as soon as possible.
AKG CK61-ULS > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II
AKG CK63-ULS > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II

Offline AHappyHourHero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • "sharon, what the fuck is a Beiber?!?" -Ozzy
    • my recent recordings
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2011, 10:24:26 PM »
Without getting deep into the hows whys and whens, I would like to chime in and say that I am more than proud to share my Busman BSC1 recordings.  I think they are a great sounding microphone, at any price range.  Second, Chris Johnson has been a pleasure to deal with, and a fine example of the extra mile that a customer gets so rarely today.  He is proud of what he does, puts his reputation behind what he builds, and stands by the product.  You can't ask for more than that.

This is a fine example of what I routinely pull with them, my most recent recording of Umphrey's McGee at HOB, Boston.  the K3 hypers have quickly become a favorite cap for me when not stage lip.  The K11 cards (new version of the K1) have a crisp, clean neutral sound in my opinion, that I have also grown very proud of.  This is the K3's, from behind the board.

http://www.archive.org/details/UM2011-01-27.LSRBSC1K3flac

I also have a Busman modded PMD-660.  Chris essentially did this mod to better match the mics with my deck, due to the op amp issues prone to the Marantz units, for far below what a routine mod would probably cost, due to the fact that he is both customer satisfaction driven, and knew that the deck would be the weak link in the rig.  I have followed his recommendations on this, and the results have led me to a simple conclusion:  I trust Chris Johnson to make the best recommendations and decisions for my recordings and gear, without question.

I know this sounds like a PSA for Busman Audio, but I am one of the very satisfied and happy customers, and there are many of us.  The Doug Oades, Steven Sanks, Chis Church and other sound gurus of the world ave very similar customer reviews, too.  That is the beauty with going with the more intimate professionals with a PASSION for audio.   

In the case of all gear, especially mics, let your ears be the judge.
Cheers!
"Christopher, it's a thin line between taper and stalker" - Adam Terrell

Busman BSC1 (K11, K2, K3, K4) > PMD 660 (Busman mod)
Nakamichi CM-300 (non-mod) > MX-100/ART usb pre > (CP-1, CP-2, CP-4 guns) > Zoom h4n

Offline NSL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2011, 10:33:15 PM »
Does anyone use the busman BSC-1 with a Littlebox? 
Instagram
Berliner CM-33's > Naiant Littlebox > Sony PCM-M10

Offline printguy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Rockin' in Toronto
    • hipfans.com
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2011, 07:39:51 AM »
I ran a BiggerBox with mine until a couple months ago. BSC1 > BiggerBox > R-44.
• CA-11 or CA-14 > Naiant TinyBox > Tascam DR-1
• Neumann KM184s > R-44

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2011, 02:28:12 PM »
Does anyone use the busman BSC-1 with a Littlebox?
i have a couple of times
sounded pretty good
here is a clip (best i can do)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:38:11 PM by willndmb »
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com