Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Did a post matrix with wavelab, and now cant open in CD WAV..says not pcm format  (Read 3050 times)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
i didnt mess with the file type or anything, just mixed the two sources together, a little tweaking of levels to get it sounding right, to get holes filled in, and now when i try to open in cd wave, it says the file is not pcm format..WTF??

Thanks for any help
Ray

Ray76

420 tickets, heady brah  :P 8)

LOL, figured someone would bring that one up+T
ray

Offline John P

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • sometimes a dog is as good as any man
Did you do the matrix in the montage?  If so, you will have to render the multitracks to 2 channel 16/44.1. 

From the master section select render and dither away. 

Why not just track it out and create new cd project from the montage?  Or, if you did it in the 2 track editor in waveLab, burn from there.

Ray76

Did you do the matrix in the montage?  If so, you will have to render the multitracks to 2 channel 16/44.1. 

Why not just track it out and create new cd project from the montage?  Or, if you did it in the 2 track editor in waveLab, burn from there.

Good Idea. I did render though. I will just do the cuts in wavelab if i can figure it out. I selected audio montage, and then hit render. then it came up like a normal screen for wavelab.

Thanks man. Ray

Offline John P

• Taperssection Member

Good Idea. I did render though. I will just do the cuts in wavelab if i can figure it out. I selected audio montage, and then hit render. then it came up like a normal screen for wavelab.

Thanks man. Ray

Did you render to 16/44.1?  I think you have a number of options from that dialogue.  Sometimes when working out of the montage, some samples get added in before your first track marker which can throw the whole thing off when you go to burn, but that wouldn't give the pcm error message. 

i didnt mess with the file type or anything, just mixed the two sources together,

The montage works in a native 32 bit float, and if you don't specify the sample/bit rate upon render, you will just get a multi track rendered to two track audio file in 32 bit float which is more likely to give you the pcm error message.

Finally, remember when working in a montage in 32 bits you can push past 0db so when you downsample it can really sound like ass with all the clipping.

Ray76

Thanks man. Ray

Did you render to 16/44.1?  I think you have a number of options from that dialogue.  Sometimes when working out of the montage, some samples get added in before your first track marker which can throw the whole thing off when you go to burn, but that wouldn't give the pcm error message. 

i didnt mess with the file type or anything, just mixed the two sources together,

The montage works in a native 32 bit float, and if you don't specify the sample/bit rate upon render, you will just get a multi track rendered to two track audio file in 32 bit float which is more likely to give you the pcm error message.

Finally, remember when working in a montage in 32 bits you can push past 0db so when you downsample it can really sound like ass with all the clipping.

I think that is the problem. The 32 bit float prob. So, I guess I have to open up the thing again, realign it, and start over. I will be more cautious this time. OR could i just track with wavelab and business as usual??How do I track ??I only see that auto split thing, which i dont want.
The 44.1 was correct, but the 16 wasnt. damnThanks a bunch bud+T anxiously awaitng any answers.

Ray

Ray76

UPDATE. You were exactly right John. The default setting was 32 bit float in the audio montage render screen. I had to go in and change it to 16/44.1 PCM, so indeed the 32 bit float is what was causing the cd wav to screw up. Man, I love learning!Thanks many times over my friend+T and again in 12

Ray

Offline John P

• Taperssection Member
+t backatcha Ray.  Glad it worked out.  I love the montage within WaveLab.  It is VERY deep.
btw, here is a great forum for wavelab http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=f889cd20e99273b7064e51816193133c
tons of info

Ray76

+t backatcha Ray.  Glad it worked out.  I love the montage within WaveLab.  It is VERY deep.
btw, here is a great forum for wavelab http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=f889cd20e99273b7064e51816193133c
tons of info

bless your heart man!!
Now im set!
ray

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com