Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: P4 v Centrino v AMD  (Read 4585 times)

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: P4 v Centrino v AMD
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 03:56:46 PM »
How do you know it was the processor that "broke"....?  Sounds more like a hard drive crashing to me.  The processors itself really can't "slow down" in theory, they either work or don't....

replaced all components but the processor, including the motherboard - same problems.  HDD still works and is in my current box as a data archive disc - in fact, most of my old HDDs are in a tower somewhere holding data and still running.

why would you replace EVERYTHING in the computer except the processor?  j/w...

i replaced them, i didn't buy them.  i had a bunch of old towers sitting around in a room at school and started stripping them for parts for when things go bad.  I wouldn't have bought them, like you said, it is way more expensive that way... but since they were here and I had the opportunity, I just wanted to see.
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline Zee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Knuckle!
Re: P4 v Centrino v AMD
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 09:06:58 PM »
I just bought a laptop and went with the AMD Athlon just for the simple fact its 64bit. I have not upgraded to xp 64bit version yet becasue of the amount of drivers. However, 64bit apps are going to start showing up and I'm sure we will see all the audio programs we like and love put out a 64bit version soon.
4022>v2>722
Please dither and resample as you see fit!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com