Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

MP-2, PSP-2, or SAX; decisions, decisions

(1/8) > >>

VA_TAPER:
Just ordered some new mics (Josephson C42MPs) that will be assume the position as both my stealth pair and my open taping pair.  Looking to complete the rest of my rig as dual-use as well.  

As these mics are relatively new, I have only heard one tape with them and they were paired with a MP-2.  The tape does sound sweet but it was an onstage tape so it's not clear how that combo would sound in a more reverberant enviroment.  I have never used one of these smaller pre's.  I have had a V3, V2 and PS-2 in the past.  I will be running minijack out of the pre straight in to a D100.  Any opinions on comparing the the PSP-2, MP-2 and SAX?

Thanks guys,
Chris

jpschust:
I love the sax personally- its a favorite pre of mine.  I love how tiny it is and how well designed it is, a truly great stealthing pre.  The psp-2 is great as well :-)

JAH:

--- Quote from: VA_TAPER on May 20, 2003, 10:43:22 AM ---  Any opinions on comparing the the PSP-2, MP-2 and SAX?

Thanks guys,
Chris

--- End quote ---

tough pick psp-2  sx-2.  Can you borrow and test drive w/ your rig?  I've used the sax once and wasn't too fond of it but may have need to get use to it.  used then psp-3 also but not the psp-2 (different animal).
go for the test drive if you can.

gfl
jah

nickgregory:
While I do not have a sax, my mind tells me that there may not be enough metal in the thing to set off wands...with the plastic housing and all....unlike the MP-2, which I think I could run over and it would still be fine  ;D

Jason B:
Do you actually have a sax and psp2 at your disposal to purchase right now?

-JB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version