Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: anyone used sennheiser e614 before?  (Read 2376 times)

Offline save

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
anyone used sennheiser e614 before?
« on: September 20, 2004, 09:08:00 PM »
well i haven't had any luck getting my psp-2 sold so i've been thinking of picking up some cheap mics to run w/ them until i get them sold since there are a few shows coming up i'd like to tape.  some of the other mics i've looked at are studio projects c4's, sennheiser e614, and the audix m1290.  the audix's are the mics i'd like to get, but for no more taping that i do they might be a little more than what i want to spend.  any suggestions?
save

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re: anyone used sennheiser e614 before?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 09:13:39 PM »
ha ha ha, youl be back before you know it ;)

Offline save

• Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 10:48:55 PM »
lol....just something i'm thinking about.  i have a little extra cash left over after buying some new toys so i figured if i could scrap together a cheap rig to record shows that i know won't get taped around here it might be worth it.  it all really depends on how my  next interview goes...if i get accepted i'll be out of taping for about 6 months solid for training. i'll have to see how monday goes, hopefully i'll accepted and then i won't have a choice but to put the money towards something i really need, like a new car ;)
save

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 07:46:23 AM »
i hear you bro, i just got the job i had been interviewing for for about a month. it was a huge hassle and they interview so many damn people. kept narrowing it down and then doing more interview

i get to buy a v3 and the rest of my cash goes on tools for work, and that is gonna be how it goes for about 6 months untill i can buy the 2-3K worth of tools i need. BUT work pays fr 50%, il just have to wait till jan1 to get it back. so im trying to spend as much as possible at the moment, so i can get 50% back this jan1, and then next jan1 i will get a ton back

Offline save

• Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 10:30:05 PM »
congrats on your promotion! +T 
save

Offline super-phat-al

• Vulture Shit, heard of it?
  • I am a real American
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 10:53:50 PM »
i hear the c4s are incredible for the money.  the audix micros have a similiar sound to the 480s.  i dont know much about the senns.  and don't rule out some oktavas.  you could find a pair for $99 from someone.  I think they're great for the money, but ill be upgrading to some audix's pretty soon.

Offline save

• Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 10:58:01 PM »
i ran the audix scx-one's for awhile and really liked them and i've really liked everything i've heard from the audix m1290's.  if i do pick up some mics again, they'll probably be the m1290's.
save

BobW

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 05:19:35 PM »
My vote for the C4s. I just heard some stuff and was blown away to find a $320 pair (including shockmounts and windscreens) could sound that good.

I'm very curious about the e614s too.  They are Electret, so my gut would say no, but I have deceided that I'm only trusting my ears from this point on.  If you test-fly a set, I'd like to hear it.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com