Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Do all people that run schoeps think everyone else is inferior?  (Read 11223 times)

Offline curtinwith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Do all people that run schoeps think everyone else is inferior?
« on: September 12, 2002, 01:49:45 PM »
I have been taping heavily for about 5 years now and am a recording engineer.  Whenever I go to shows all the schoeps people gang up on me and try to say they deserve the front row of the section more than anyone else.  Is this because your mics are so expensive, because I know that price means dick when it comes to mics.  I know you all have a "brotherhood" think going on, but could you be more friendly and maybe be open to hearing other people's opinions on mics and gear?  Is everyone like that, or just a certian few?

Offline JeffK

• Taperssection Member
  • ...just a little split off center than the most
    • umphreaks!
Re:Do all people that run schoeps think everyone else is inferior?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2002, 01:56:15 PM »
Yes, all of us who own/run Schoeps are like that... it comes with the territory  ;)

No... I think you'll find people like this everywhere, and they're not exclusively Schoeps owners, they're just jackasses in general.  I've found that they're generally "local" as well and NEED to be in that spot in their hometown venue.

If I ever show up to a show later and actually plan to tape from the section, I bring a clamp :)

Offline phriendlyguy

• Taperssection Member
  • MEXICAN COUSIN!!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2002, 05:25:26 PM »
i think their is kind of a schoeps bandwagon, but it is all these little rich kids, that mommy pays for everything, and just got over their mini disc and stereo mic because they got harrassed at a show.  all the older heads that i have met over the years have been cool as shit, and actually want to compare different gear.  their is always the jackasses and punk rich kids at a show, especially now days every idiot wants to tape.  in that respect i can understand why the people like me, and a lot of others on this site, that work so hard to buy the good shit, and actually know how it works, would get a little pissy, what do you think?

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2002, 06:35:30 PM »
hmmm....I just got some schoeps, but I hope I never act like that ;D. and I bought them with my own hard earned money.....Why people act like that is unknown to me, I to compare and talk all brands, and remember, location is technique is the most important thing in taping, not the price of your gear. I have heard great tapes from cheaper rigs, and shitty tapes from great rigs.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline phriendlyguy

• Taperssection Member
  • MEXICAN COUSIN!!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2002, 06:47:46 PM »
i agree completely.  i said before, the rig is only as good as the operator.  thats what a lot of people dont get.  experience=knowledge=goodtapes.

Offline joemango

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2002, 02:50:09 PM »
I've had a$$holes come up to my car while I was making grillies in the lot and ask about the show I'm pumping on my stereo, saying "it sounds great, can you do a B&P?" and then stick their noses up in the air when they find out my source.  

Some ppl just want schoeps to say they have schoeps.

I've heard LOTS of microphones in studio and live settings and if you ask me, all you get with schoeps that you don't get with any 500-1000 dollar pair of mics is assloads of (admittedly smooth) bass.

Any rig can produce a killer tape as long as the preamp has good headroom and the mics are set up porperly (meaning NOT pointed at the stacks individually)  Stereo is so much more than right and left.

Offline schoeps t00bes

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2002, 03:02:23 PM »
this topic has gotten old over at the oade board...so i am not even going to touch it here.  it is all about the person.  period.  

i can't wait until hampton!!  if you wanna see some love...come over and say hi to tim and i.  neumann and schoeps will be hangin out!!   8)
Fuck MSG!!!

Offline schoeps t00bes

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2002, 03:03:06 PM »
ps i WANT a curtainwith at hampton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck MSG!!!

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2003, 05:24:24 PM »
yeah, this is why i go to shows where recording is not "allowed",  cuz finding other tapers is a rarity so everyone is chill.  And I don't hump speakers so I don't have the front row problem.  I've never experienced a stuck-up Schoeps owner, but they will get a beat down if they try to move my ass from FOB

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2003, 01:43:33 PM »
this thread refuses to die.... ???
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
Re: Do all people that run schoeps think everyone else is inferior?
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 10:37:54 PM »
just a quick bump for the *greatest thread ever*
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 10:48:38 PM »
someones got alot of digging in their bored times ;D
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 10:51:35 PM »
someones got alot of digging in their bored times ;D

touche
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline muj

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 02:50:18 AM »
schoeps= audio terrorism

>:D >:D >:D >:D

;D

RebelRebel

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 05:52:19 AM »
Now now Muj.

Youve got some schoeps too.

I use schoeps for certain things, but they arent "better" or "worse" than any of my other mics. Just different.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com