Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Do all people that run schoeps think everyone else is inferior?  (Read 11221 times)

Offline muj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
Re: Do all people that run schoeps think everyone else is inferior?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 06:12:02 AM »
Now now Muj.

Youve got some schoeps too.

I use schoeps for certain things, but they arent "better" or "worse" than any of my other mics. Just different.

+T

;)

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 12:49:05 PM »
i'm universal baby!

schoeps, neumans made in west germany, dpa's, akg's made forty years ago, coles, royer's, MG's , Telefunken, Korby, the list goes on.

i want them all :bigsmile:

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 01:46:19 PM »
Korby
Tracey used to bring those into the studio I worked at quite frequently (he used to live in Pittsburgh). I actually though more highly of some of his old Neumanns and Royers, but maybe I just never heard one on the right instrument.
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

Offline Brian

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 03:13:23 PM »
Korby
Tracey used to bring those into the studio I worked at quite frequently (he used to live in Pittsburgh). I actually though more highly of some of his old Neumanns and Royers, but maybe I just never heard one on the right instrument.

one of my old teachers had the Convertible microphone and all 4 caps.  We used the C12 capsule for some male vocals through a Neve preamp and it sounded fantastic.  Of course different microphones sound better with different voices.  We tried all of the capsules and decided the C12 was best.  All of them sounded great to me for vocals.  A nice, rich, and full sound.  we needed to give it just a little bump up in the high frequencies(~2dB around 13khz) and that was it.   I've heard some samples on other instruments, but haven't recorded any. 

Next week my modified Apex 460 tube microphone with the Peluso CK-12 capsule will finally be arriving and I can't wait to try it out.  At $600 for a completely stripped and modified 9 polar pattern tube microphone, I figured it was probably the closest I'll get to a C12 without spending thousands.

RebelRebel

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 03:21:53 PM »
Yeah..I love the C12! I wish I could own one...
Ive got a pair of MV220 bodies and MK250 caps, and also a pair of M296s coming next week. I am addicted to mics.

I bought the beyer m160.m130 pair too, and I love those mics...fantastic! I know a retailer that sells them for 1000 for the pair.

Teddy

Korby

one of my old teachers had the Convertible microphone and all 4 caps.  We used the C12 capsule for some male vocals through a Neve preamp and it sounded fantastic.  Of course different microphones sound better with different voices.  We tried all of the capsules and decided the C12 was best.  All of them sounded great to me for vocals.  A nice, rich, and full sound.  we needed to give it just a little bump up in the high frequencies(~2dB around 13khz) and that was it.   I've heard some samples on other instruments, but haven't recorded any. 

Next week my modified Apex 460 tube microphone with the Peluso CK-12 capsule will finally be arriving and I can't wait to try it out.  At $600 for a completely stripped and modified 9 polar pattern tube microphone, I figured it was probably the closest I'll get to a C12 without spending thousands.

Offline Brian

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 03:27:56 PM »
you can get beyer m160's/130's at a grand a pair?

please stop posting.  you are bad for my bank account!

Offline muj

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 03:34:31 PM »
Yeah..I love the C12! I wish I could own one...
Ive got a pair of MV220 bodies and MK250 caps, and also a pair of M296s coming next week. I am addicted to mics.

I bought the beyer m160.m130 pair too, and I love those mics...fantastic! I know a retailer that sells them for 1000 for the pair.

Teddy

gefell freak ;D ;D ;D

RebelRebel

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 03:49:56 PM »
you can get beyer m160's/130's at a grand a pair?

please stop posting.  you are bad for my bank account!

Yeah, PM if you want more info.

Teddy

RebelRebel

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 03:51:32 PM »

gefell freak ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, I called Frank up at MG today and talked to him for a while, told him I really loved the 221s ,and asked him what others I should try(Already have 296, getting another pair) he suggested the MV220s and m250 caps...well see!

Have you used them??

teddy

Offline muj

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 04:31:57 PM »
the mv220 body yes , the mk250 cap no. Frank muller ROCKS.

RebelRebel

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 05:01:16 PM »
the mv220 body yes , the mk250 cap no. Frank muller ROCKS.

yes he does. Nicole Shrader aint too bad herself.  :-*

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 10:54:24 PM »
I use schoeps for certain things, but they arent "better" or "worse" than any of my other mics. Just different.

Yesterday I received an Earthworks CD that has a bunch of comparisons between their mics and various other mics. I would agree that with one exception on that CD, each mic simply sounded different and with one exception, I would have used any and all of the mics. The one that really sounded out of place was the AKG 300 card used as a drum overhead. It was simply flat and dull compared to the EW and DPA mics that it was compared to.  In one case (vocal), I preferred one of the other mics on the CD. I don't think I was suppose to do that (or at least that was not their intent).  ;D

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com