Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microphone advice please  (Read 1564 times)

Offline thespangleman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Microphone advice please
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:07:32 AM »
Hi all,

I have an Edirol R-09 and a Sound Professionals SP-SPSB-8 mini battery module. I have been using Sound Professionals SP-TFB-2 binaural mics connected through the battery module (bass roll-off 69Hz), and into the line-in of the R-09, set on low gain, low cut 'off' and AGC 'off'. I've been using this set up to record mainly rock concerts but have been less than happy with the results. Could anyone please tell me where I might be going wrong, or recommend mics that would be more suited to my needs. I have a budget of around $150-$200.

Thanks in advance,

Barry.
Sound Pro's AT-943 Cards > SP-SPSB-8 > Edirol R-09

Offline Dede2002

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Microphone advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »
Hi all,

I have an Edirol R-09 and a Sound Professionals SP-SPSB-8 mini battery module. I have been using Sound Professionals SP-TFB-2 binaural mics connected through the battery module (bass roll-off 69Hz), and into the line-in of the R-09, set on low gain, low cut 'off' and AGC 'off'. I've been using this set up to record mainly rock concerts but have been less than happy with the results. Could anyone please tell me where I might be going wrong, or recommend mics that would be more suited to my needs. I have a budget of around $150-$200.

Thanks in advance,

Barry.

The SP-TFB-2 was my first mic. It's not bad. But appreciate the fact that the TFB-2 is designed for true binaural recording ( mics are placed inside the ear, facing outwards). Usually, binaural recordings are not very pleasant to hear through speakers in my experience.
I'm very happy with both MM HLSC-1 (Sennheiser MKE 4 -card) and MM-HLSO (Sennheiser MKE 2 -omni). A little more $$ than you want to spend ( $250) but great mics anyway. ;)
My 2 cents. Hope that helps.
Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.13 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com