Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Bm2p+ UA-5 ADC question...  (Read 1669 times)

Offline justink

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Bm2p+ UA-5 ADC question...
« on: March 30, 2007, 01:13:36 AM »
just got my UA-5 back from bussman!  haven't had a chance to run it in the field yet though.

i'm going analog out to the R-09 and utilizing the line in ADC in the R-09 (no digital obviously).  i know the UA-5 does a AD/DA conversion prior to going analog out... my question is this:

how/what can i do to bypass the original conversion in the UA-5 (but still keeping it temporary...)?

it doesn't really bother me w/ the original coversion and back conversion... but i'm just curious anyway.

-j

edit:  is there a way to keep the UA-5 ADC solid going optical out, but have the ADC bypassed going analog out at the same time?  if that makes sense to anyone...???

i haven't seen a schematic, but i'm imagining soldering a jumper (or fork) pre ADC and unloading it post ADC just in front of the RCA analog out.  as well as snipping the analog out prior to the point you unload it on... would that keep the ADC intact for the optical out?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 01:20:43 AM by justink »
Mics:
DPA 4023 (Cardioid)
DPA 4028 (Subcardioid)
DPA 4018V (Supercardioid)
Earthworks TC25 (Omni) 

Pres and A/D's:
Grace Design Lunatec V3 (Oade ACM)
Edirol UA-5 (bm2p+ Mod)

Recorders:
Sound Devices MixPre10 II
Edirol R-44 (Oade CM)
Sony PCM‑M10

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Bm2p+ UA-5 ADC question...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 03:17:47 AM »
there is no way to avoid the ua5's ADC. if you run analog in to your r09, you go through an unnecessary stage. you cant bypass it unfortunately.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com