Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Woohoo!! Optical/Coax/Line-Stage modSBM1 now complete!  (Read 10121 times)

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
Woohoo!! Optical/Coax/Line-Stage modSBM1 now complete!
« on: May 22, 2005, 06:21:16 PM »
Ok, wife's away, time for the taper geek to play.  Spent some time this afternoon working on the SBM1 I picked up recently.  Gave it a good going over with modifications.  3 to be exact:

1)  Coax output mod.  I've done a few of these, and always seem to be doing something different.  For my original one, and for one for jbk, I added a female RCA coax out on the (cutoff) 7pin dongle.  For Tim (now in the hands of Scott from the CO Crew), I put RCA coax jack right into the side of the SBM1, so there was no cable at all.  I really like this option, but it was a pain to do, and the way it is wired up, you'd need to unwire the coax output to pull the SBM1 guts out to work on it -- which seemed like a pain.  This time around, I followed leegeddy's route and totally took out the 7 pin dongle and replaced it with a coax cable with a male RCA plug on the end.  I didn't have the right raw 75ohm digital cable lying around, so I used a hacked 75 ohm video cable that I did have in the junk box.

2)  Optical out mod.  Did this based on the input of Doug Oade:
http://www.oade.com/Tapers_Section/Forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=105&topic_id=119&mode=full
This should be real nice when using the SBM1 with a JB3.  Once again, it's not like I planned ahead to do this stuff, so it was time to rustle up an optical transmitter.  Pulled one out of my Aopen 850D digital soundcard daughterboard.  I'm only using the coax out on this, so I figured it was a likely culprit to steal from.  A little de-soldering later, I had my transmitter.  Needed a 0.1uf capacitor, and found one I could steal from an old car amp I've been cannabalizing in the junk box in the garage.  Really that is all that is necessary in the way of parts.  Since the SBM1 was already totally disassembled from the coax mod, I just needed to take out the 7 pin socket off the main board and then replace it with the optical transmitter.  Wiring it up was a bit tedious due to the size of things, but there is just enough room to get the wires and cap in there.  I needed to file the opening on the case just a tad more and use some epoxy to hold it in place, but the transmitter I stole from the soundcard was a pretty good fit.

3) Line stage upgrade mod.  The same mod I've done now to several SBM1's now.  My take on the line stage (analog stage) upgrade that Doug Oade does.  Upgrades the line input of the SBM1 so it sounds nicer.  I really should figure out who all has these ToddR-modSBM1's or who had them.  I pretty sure COtaper Zach still has one, though I haven't seen him out taping for 3 years.  My original one I did for myself has found it's way back home and Simpy owns it, though Tim is going to be using it.  Did one for JBK that he promptly got rid of, don't know to whom.  And I did one for Mr. Twister, and god knows where that has gotten to after he sold it.  I wouldn't mind getting some feedback from those who have run it on how they think it sounds.

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures along the way, though leegeddy has excellent ones of the coax mod in the archives (+T for those Marc!).  Below are a couple shots of the coax mod and the optical mod.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 10:50:41 AM by Todd R »
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline neutrino

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
Re: Woohoo!! TR3-modSBM1 now complete!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 06:31:52 PM »
+T for the SBM-1 mods. Care to give any insight on your line stage mod? Opamp choice, cap replacement, etc...
dB-
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline dgodwin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AT4041->Tascam DR-100mkiii
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 06:38:04 PM »
+t   Thanks for the couple photos.  Would you be interested in doing the line stage upgrade mod on another (mine) sbm-1?

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 06:39:20 PM »
+T todd, youre freakin amazing w/ yopur work too ;)

now i may have to pick up an sbm1 and BEG you to do that to it ;D
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Tim

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 06:44:15 PM »
nice work as usual todd

I really want to run an a/b between scott's oade modsbm1 and the toddr-modsbm1 that I'm borrowing from simpy. we've got identical rigs, we really need to make that happen
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 07:08:32 PM »
very nice Todd....quite impressive!

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 08:15:24 PM »
So if I pick up a SBM-1 would you mod mine......?
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline Todd R

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 08:36:33 PM »
Thanks guys!  Now I just need some shows to hit so I can try this thing out.  Margo called and asked what I've been up to today, so I told her.  Turns out I never admitted to picking up the SBM1 in the first place.  Got to learn to keep my mouth shut! :-X

dB--as you guessed, op amp replacement is the biggest factor in improving the sound.  I haven't messed with the capacitors.  I thought about this awhile back, and think I'd like to stick to my decision not to reveal which exact part numbers I used.  Personally, I'm afraid if I did there'd be folks who would just mindlessly swap in the parts I chose.  I think the magic of diy is for people to learn about things and especially for folks to try out new things and find what sounds good to them.  I'd like to encourage a wider variety of mods so there will be different flavors of gear out there, and don't want to encourage people just to copy what I've done.  There are many threads both here and on the Oade board (esp the old one) where people talk about op amp replacement options.  Some op amps that have been mentioned by Doug Oade, myself, and various audiophile sites (including Jon Risch's site, an excellent resource) are:  the Analog Devices AD712, the Burr-Brown OPA-2106 and OPA-2132, the National Semiconductor LM6172 and the Analog Devices OP-249.  When selecting op amps, make sure they are drop in replacements for the ones you're getting rid of.  Make sure they also operate on the voltage that is provided on the board you're modding (I believe the power rails of the SBM1 are -6v and +6v).  Make sure the replacement op amps don't draw more quiescent and operating current than the op amps you're replacing.  After that, look for ones that have low noise levels, have good CMRR, have a fast slew rate, etc.  Any of the above listed op amps are probably good candidates for the SBM1, but be sure to double check the data sheets to confirm.  Hope that helps!

dgodwin--pm sent.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards

Offline leegeddy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 09:32:56 PM »
sweetness, todd!!

many thanks for all the info you've provided for the coax mod. i couldn't have done it without it.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline neutrino

• Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 09:37:21 PM »
dB--as you guessed, op amp replacement is the biggest factor in improving the sound.

I was planning to install one of the Mill-Max low profile sockets to audition one of the opamps you mentioned and a couple others which have been suggested to me.
  Mods=hours of entertainment...  ;D
dB-
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2005, 10:36:32 PM »
Very nice piece of engineering Todd!  That optical mod makes me wish I hadnt sold my SBM-1 :'(
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 10:29:20 AM »
todd

great work.

i have one of your mod-sbm1 here in philly...we exchanged emails back and forth when i was purchasing it...that was a year or two ago. you were very helpful. i upgraded from a stock sbm-1 to your modded sbm-1. it is a line stage mod only. and the 1/4" mic inputs still work. i am extremely pleased with the unit.

i m pretty sure i know what op-amps you used, but your secret is safe with me.   8)

let me know if you would perform the optical output mod (which replaces the 7pin in) on the my unit. i would pay for shipping, parts, and whatever you feel your time/effort/labor is worth.

thanks again.

oh, one more thing. i have always given credit for the mod in my seeds. in my source lineage for shows i seed, i have been using:

pre-amp > Todd_R mod-SBM-1 > recorder

a few times i have used TR mod-sbm1

is this ok, or would you prefer something different
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline neutrino

• Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
Re: Woohoo!! Optical/Coax/Line-Stage modSBM1 now complete!
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 12:26:50 PM »
How about a line-stage mod to an M1 and skip the SBM completely. Can be done, but damn there's little room for error on that PCB...
dB-
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 09:14:53 AM »
can you run optical & coax out at the same time??

loooks nice!!
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline Chris K

• Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005, 12:07:38 PM »
anyone know where i could find the panasonic TOTX178A that doug talks about?
i tried digikey and mouser but neither carry it.
also, is this really panasonic and not toshiba? i found a toshiba optical transmitter with the TOTX178A code.
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline Todd R

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 12:40:04 PM »
can you run optical & coax out at the same time??

loooks nice!!

Yep, it'll definitely be able to send out optical and coax signals at the same time.

Offline Todd R

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 12:44:04 PM »
How about a line-stage mod to an M1 and skip the SBM completely. Can be done, but damn there's little room for error on that PCB...
dB-

Could be possible, I don't own an M1 so I don't know what the design is like.  One thing to note though, the A/D of the SBM1 is an upgrade from the M1.  The M1 takes a 20 bit signal and uses the basic tdf (triangular dither function) to dither to 16 bits.  The SBM1 uses 24 bits initially and then uses sony's proprietary Sony Bit Mapping dither function to dither down to 16 bits.  The SBM dither process seems to be much more highly regarded than the tdf dither routine.

Offline Todd R

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 12:48:53 PM »
Ok, I've had several people now inquire about me doing mods to their SBM1's.  Previously, this hadn't been something I wanted to get into.  But at this point, it looks like Doug Oade is no longer doing mods, so there is no one available to fill the gap like there was before.  And at least at this point, I am unemployed so I've got a lot more time available to me.  Bottom line, I'm leaning towards doing any of the mods I did to my SBM1 (coax, optical, line-stage) for other folks.  I spent some time this week looking into parts, etc., but need to spend a little more time on it.  Once I get things all figured out, I'll get back to the people who have inquired so far.

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 01:04:44 PM »
Todd, is it possible to bypass the SBM function and get a straight 24-bit output from the device? Is there enough room above the noise floor of the unit to even make this worthwhile?
Out of the game … for now?

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 01:07:54 PM »
anyone know where i could find the panasonic TOTX178A that doug talks about?
i tried digikey and mouser but neither carry it.
also, is this really panasonic and not toshiba? i found a toshiba optical transmitter with the TOTX178A code.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/T/O/T/X/TOTX178A.shtml
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline Todd R

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2005, 01:19:51 PM »
Todd, is it possible to bypass the SBM function and get a straight 24-bit output from the device? Is there enough room above the noise floor of the unit to even make this worthwhile?

I don't really know the answers to that.  But I seem to recall reading a post by Doug a long time ago on the old Oade board saying the chip that is used by Sony could be used to provide 24 bits.  I have no idea whether the rest of the design/signal path of the SBM1 would allow for 24 bits though.  The SBM1 when it was released was an amazing piece of portable gear for providing high quality 16 bit data.  Even today after some tweaking the SBM1 design can really hold its own over modern designs using present day semiconductors at 16 bits.  But my guess for 24 bits it wouldn't be worth it.  I would imagine that as you say, the noise floor of this whole design would not be low enough to justify modding it and using it as a 24 bit encoder. 

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2005, 02:53:57 PM »
+T todd......here's to #400   :)
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline Todd R

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2005, 02:55:59 PM »
Thanks, Cap'n!  Bakatcha. :)

Offline Todd R

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2005, 03:51:56 PM »
Ok, I've decided to go ahead and perform line/opti/coax mods to SBM1's for people who want them.  I've contacted those who have already expressed interest.  If you're interested in one, drop me a line and I fill you in on details.

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2005, 04:34:07 PM »
todd...are you busy one day this weekend?
id love to come up for a few hours for jb3 repair attempt before you get swamped by SBM1s!
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline Todd R

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2005, 04:39:51 PM »
This weekend is probably going to be pretty busy for me, holiday weekend and all.  Weekdays are better -- maybe sometime after work you can swing by?

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2005, 10:44:47 AM »
Very cool ! +T
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline Aaron734

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • One Man Wolf Pack
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2005, 01:38:48 PM »
Ok, I've decided to go ahead and perform line/opti/coax mods to SBM1's for people who want them.  I've contacted those who have already expressed interest.  If you're interested in one, drop me a line and I fill you in on details.

:), +t Todd R, Those mods look great!
Live Rig:

mk21 / mk22 > KC10 > cmc6 > V3 > Mixpre 6ii

Home Playback:

Vinyl: Rega Planar 3 with Exact 2 MM Cartridge > McIntosh MA252 > Audioquest Rocket 33 > Focal Aria 926

CD / Stream: Bluesound NODE / NAD C538 > Audioquest Carbon COAX > Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M > Audioquest Red River XLR > > McIntosh MA252 > Audioquest Rocket 33 >  Focal Aria 926

Office Playback:

NAD C328 > Klipsch RP-400M

Detroit Then, Denver, Now.

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Old and in the way.
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2005, 02:58:13 PM »
I can see it now....coming soon little stickers on a bunch of SBM-1's  "This unit modified by ToddSounds".  Todd, no shit you should try modding a UA-5.  Since the Oades will only modify their own you could make a tidy little profit on modding ones for folks who dont have Oade units (like me  8) ) as well. We should get some of the CO folks to go in on one off ebay for you to experiment on, if successful we could have a community unit that the CO crew could use in times of need. Just thinking outloud.....+T again :)
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2005, 07:09:58 PM »
i have an extra un-modded UA5 that Todd could use to experiment with (if he wants it).

If it gets fried, no biggie. 

If it ends up working out, we coulld put it in the loaner program and pass it around and run some comparisons.

send a PM if you are interested, Todd.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 07:25:57 PM by keepongoin' »
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2005, 07:16:50 PM »
+t for the work...

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures along the way, though leegeddy has excellent ones of the coax mod in the archives (+T for those Marc!).  Below are a couple shots of the coax mod and the optical mod.

where? - i think it was my unit he was modding, and i would love to see them..

the pics of that finished unit are below...

link

coming soon little stickers on a bunch of SBM-1's  "This unit modified by ToddSounds".
mine didnt get an oade sticker :(
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 07:23:33 PM by macdaddy »
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline Todd R

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2005, 01:01:13 AM »
The pics leegeddy posted are in the Archive:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=2232.msg545741#msg545741

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2005, 01:20:42 AM »
thanks - i guess that one was simp's...

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline Evil Taper

• Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2005, 04:22:59 AM »
So is there any feedback from someone who had this mod performed by Todd?  I don't doubt the abilities, I just want some opinions.
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2005, 10:12:15 AM »
Todd,

If you could get the UA-5 upgrade info from Doug, that would be awesome.  Last I knew, he was not doing any more mods to stock UA-5s.  He's only maintaining the warranty on the originals that he modded.  I'd love to get a Transparant Plus mod, but Doug won't touch it because its not an original Oade digi-mod.  Bummer.   :-\

Offline neumannkid

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Shows Ive taped on the archive
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2005, 12:36:10 PM »
Todd,

If you could get the UA-5 upgrade info from Doug, that would be awesome.  Last I knew, he was not doing any more mods to stock UA-5s.  He's only maintaining the warranty on the originals that he modded.  I'd love to get a Transparant Plus mod, but Doug won't touch it because its not an original Oade digi-mod.  Bummer.   :-\
When and where did you get this info
Last I heard Doug is still modding UA-5s bought through him. He doesnt have anymore in stock and can not get anymore cause they are out of production.

Offline Todd R

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2005, 01:17:23 PM »
I think you both are pretty much saying the same thing.  Doug will change the flavor of w-, p-, and t-mods of the units he has sold, or will do an upgrade to a digi-mod he has sold.  But he isn't selling new ones (out of production) or modding existing units he did not sell.

At any rate, I doubt Doug will provide any info on the exact parts he used for these mods, since those parts may well be used on mod 410s or mod FR2's or whatever he's got up his sleeve.  Time permitting, I might look into mods to the UA5 myself, but not at this point.

Offline neumannkid

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Shows Ive taped on the archive
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2005, 01:38:54 PM »
Doh....thats what you get for reading through to fast and doing something else at the same time

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2005, 04:32:55 PM »
I think you both are pretty much saying the same thing.  Doug will change the flavor of w-, p-, and t-mods of the units he has sold, or will do an upgrade to a digi-mod he has sold.  But he isn't selling new ones (out of production) or modding existing units he did not sell.

At any rate, I doubt Doug will provide any info on the exact parts he used for these mods, since those parts may well be used on mod 410s or mod FR2's or whatever he's got up his sleeve.  Time permitting, I might look into mods to the UA5 myself, but not at this point.

Thanks Todd!  I'll check back with you on the tail end of this calendar year.  +T

Offline timP

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2005, 01:08:01 PM »
todd, did you make any mod SBM1 with a hardwired coax dongle in place of the 7pin dongle..

just wondering.....
?>FR2LE

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2005, 01:17:45 PM »
Todd, you prolly already know this, but keep a list of what you did to what serial numbers!

+T on the mods - that optical output mod is going to be the rage!
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Old and in the way.
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2005, 01:38:33 PM »

There was a whole thread about the parts he used for the UA-5 mod on TS somewhere.  Ill have to dig it up. 
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

Offline neutrino

• Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2005, 03:41:10 PM »
Some of it is here http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=28422.0

With links to the Oade board on that thread.
dB-
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.243 seconds with 71 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com