Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stock UA-5 Patch Question  (Read 2440 times)

Offline suspect

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Team Upstate New York
Stock UA-5 Patch Question
« on: June 07, 2005, 02:25:59 PM »
So this Friday, I ran SBD > UA-5 > Dell Laptop and I had someone ask if they could run a patch out of the UA-5.  Everything I've read and heard tells me I can but only if the UA-5 takes the signal back from the laptop and feeds it out the rca/coax output on the back.  I'm running Soundforge 7.0 (but use Wavelab 5 for 24/48 recording).  I could not get this patcher a signal for the life of me.  I checked all of the switches on the back and it all looked right.  Is there something I need to set in the recording software I'm using to send the signal back out of the UA-5?  Is there a setting on the UA-5 itself I'm missing to send the signal out?  Does the volume knob on the front near the headphone jack need to be turned up to allow for signal passthrough?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

best,
...tom
SBD or Oktava MK012s > Kind Kables XLR > Edirol UA-5 (BM2p+ mod) > Dell Latitude CPx via USB

http://www.upstatetapers.com

Curator - Archive.org LMA

Offline §†∑∫åµÞ≥¥

• You can call me Steve.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Stock UA-5 Patch Question
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 02:35:49 PM »
I've patched people out of the RCA's on the back of my UA-5 a few times... never had a problem.
"Absurdity is the only reality." - FZ

LMA recordings
www.nutritionbulk.com

Offline fozzy

• move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 04:27:07 PM »
to enable all three outputs opti/coax/usb i believe you need to perform the digimod.  w/o the mod i believe you can only select one output.
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline §†∑∫åµÞ≥¥

• You can call me Steve.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 04:36:45 PM »
to enable all three outputs opti/coax/usb i believe you need to perform the digimod.  w/o the mod i believe you can only select one output.

oh yeah.... mine is digimod'd. sorry about that.
"Absurdity is the only reality." - FZ

LMA recordings
www.nutritionbulk.com

spreadheadtom

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 04:56:23 PM »

QFT

Offline NJFunk

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 09:28:58 AM »

I don't think this is true at all.  Without the digimod, you CAN'T use the opti or coax out without also using the usb.  That is why everyone with a UA-5 who doesn;t have a laptop gets the digimod in the first place.  I don't have a laptop, so I don't know what the problem is here.

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 02:26:44 PM »
Make sure that the UA-5 is the selected output device (under options, settings, soundcard)
Try setting the recording software to 'monitor' the output (check box on the bottom of the box that pops up when you hit the 'record' button). 

I think that should route the digital signal back into the UA-5.  You might need to use the ASIO drivers.  Even if they're not needed, they would probably place less stress (i.e. bandwidth requirements) on the USB connection.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline suspect

• Taperssection Member
  • Team Upstate New York
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 05:13:10 PM »
Make sure that the UA-5 is the selected output device (under options, settings, soundcard)
Try setting the recording software to 'monitor' the output (check box on the bottom of the box that pops up when you hit the 'record' button). 

I think that should route the digital signal back into the UA-5.  You might need to use the ASIO drivers.  Even if they're not needed, they would probably place less stress (i.e. bandwidth requirements) on the USB connection.

That's the answer I think I'm looking for.  As for the ASIO drivers, do they get installed with the 24bit or the regular drivers or is that a seperate set of drivers downloadable from Edirol?  Looking on Edirol's site now.   :P

+T
SBD or Oktava MK012s > Kind Kables XLR > Edirol UA-5 (BM2p+ mod) > Dell Latitude CPx via USB

http://www.upstatetapers.com

Curator - Archive.org LMA

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 05:46:47 PM »
Can't help you there - I never ran ASIO with the UA-5.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com