Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: best connection type?  (Read 2026 times)

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
best connection type?
« on: June 13, 2005, 12:34:13 AM »
ok, It looks as tho I am borrowing a mini-me for wakarusa...great to warm up my Audix micros...I am wanting the pre-amp of the mini-me and the a/d of my ua-5.
1)what is the best way to connect the two to accomplish this? 
2) does the mini-me have metering lights?
3) is there anything about the mini-me I should know before running it??

thanx guys!!
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
Re: best connection type?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 04:17:35 PM »
Mini-me does not have an analog out so you can't use it as a pre for the UA-5 and most importantly, the whole reason to use the mini-me is to use the A/D....the pre in the mini-me is average at best, but the A/D rocks....if you are getting a mini-me to borrow, just use it as an all in one solution and leave the U-5 at home, unless you want to use the pre in the ua-5 and the A/d in the mini-me....but I have no idea how the pre in the Ua-5 performs on its own compared to the mini-me.

The mini-me has metering lights if you want to call them that  ;D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 04:19:07 PM by creekfreak »
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 04:36:38 PM »
thanx...yea..i spent some time reading up on the minnme...no analog out except headphone...
I guess i will just use the minime instead of ua5....thanx again +t for helping
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 05:30:36 PM »
no problem....I think you will like the sound of the mini-me with the audix mics...should warm them up nice and make some real nice tapes...
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline Chanher

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 05:32:16 PM »
I would just run the audix's with the minime, Doug Oade said the stock ua-5 has the same a>d chip as the minime.
Line Audio CM4 / AT853Rx (c,h,o) / Studio Projects C4 MKII (c,h,o)
Sound Devices MP-2 / bm2p+ Edirol UA-5
Zoom F3 / F6 / Marantz Oade Warm Mod PMD661 / Tascam DR-70D

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 09:13:55 PM »
Are you recording to JB3 or laptop? If laptop, then use the program's meters. If JB3, then you need to find a way to convert to optical. I use a 312 with no problems. One great thing about the MiniMe is that you can guesstamate where the levels should be and then use the soft limit to prevent clipping. Granted, it limits the dynamic range somewhat, but it's a nice feature to have if you can't always be checking or adjusting levels. Personally I love everything about the MiniMe except that it is long instead of wide.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.108 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com