Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Need recomendations on a good portable music player

(1/5) > >>

OldNeumanntapr:
Hey all,

I drive a delivery route for a wholesale auto parts company. Two years ago I was issued a 2019 Ford Transit van with both bluetooth AND a USB port. It would play flac with text and even artwork! After years of not having a way to listen to my music in my van this was amazing! I could put flac on a flash drive and take a week's worth of music to work. (I drive about 1,300 miles a week on the route.)

Sadly, the transmission in the van went out and instead of repairing it they got gid of it and bought a new van. This one is a 2017 Ford Transit van and it lacks both bluetooth and a USB port. All it has is an am/fm radio with an 1/8th" AUX jack.

I am really bummed out now because I have lost the ability to listen to flac at work. I thought about buying a portable music player and running it through the AUX jack, but most of them have terrible reviews. I used to have a Fiio X3 player that I really liked but it died after not quite two years and I never replaced it. I have a couple of mini SD cards left over from the Fiio that I could reuse.

Someone at work suggested playing music on my phone but I don't see how that would work, as I have an iPhone 8+ with no headphone output.

All I need is something to play gapless flac with tags. Most of these players that I have looked at on line have a lot of bells and whistles I don't want or need.

I would like something that would work with my iMac, and not be over $250 -$300, Any ideas?

Thanks,

ONT-

rocksuitcase:
https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwa50/v1/en/contents/TP0002342857.html

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-NW-A55-Walkman-Hi-Res-Grayish/dp/B08286VLNB

I just this week put into play one of these. I don't need library shuffles etc, JUST flac file playback like you. Seems great so far, a bit weird with .jpgs, but I think it is how I tag things, not the player which WILL display cover art. So far I am testing it out as far as folder structure, display items etc and only have 6 shows loaded on it. All 24/48 flacs

OldNeumanntapr:
Cool. Is it able to play gapless flac?

I'm in the van six + hours a day on the road and would hate not to be able to listen to my music.

rocksuitcase:

--- Quote from: OldNeumanntapr on December 25, 2021, 05:13:27 PM ---Cool. Is it able to play gapless flac?

I'm in the van six + hours a day on the road and would hate not to be able to listen to my music.

--- End quote ---
yes

OldNeumanntapr:
Good. Does it play shows in folders? Drop and drag to load it up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version