Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

AMAZING Educational Website: The Research on Classical Music Recording

(1/3) > >>

voltronic:
Even though the examples used in this site are Classical/Concert music, I think anyone who does any sort of music recording will learn a lot from these beautifully done experiments of Kazuya Nagae at Nagoya University of the Arts in Japan.

http://kazuyanagae.com/

Each installment under The Experiment of Recording has illustrated photos and diagrams where you can switch recordings of the same performance between different mic positions, heights, widths, orientations, arrays, etc. Each are done with top-level performers, instruments, and recording chains. These are "proper" comparative recordings that many of us could only dream of doing. For example, imagine having six pairs of DPA 4006 set up all at slightly different heights and distances and having that many choices to select from in post!

EmRR:
nice!

fireonshakedwnstreet:
Thanks! I love this kind of stuff.

Gutbucket:
Very cool. Thanks for linking this!

jcable77:
Definitely going to delve into this. Thanks for the link. I've been starting to try and develop more of an understanding of this type of recording and sound reinforcement. Speaking of 4006's here are some pics of a recent trip to the Kimmel center in Philly. Pictures are kind of distant so you cant see them so well, but there were at least 8 4006's arranged over and around the Orchestra with 2 more pointing outward. Stands with lav mics we're arranged all over in different sections for closer miking. The last one is my mother in law taking a picture of me taking pictures of microphones. She asked my wife "what the heck is he doing"? Just being his normal nerdy self taking pictures of microphones. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version