Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

New issue with Audacity on Mac OS Big Sur - can't play or record on v 2.4.2

<< < (2/3) > >>

morst:

--- Quote from: relefunt on January 22, 2022, 04:17:27 PM ---Would going into Apple MIDI setup utility help with that?

--- End quote ---
Apple's "Audio MIDI Setup" app is part of my normal workflow, and thus far, no combination of settings seems to make my main system work.

Using my clean install of Big Sur on an external thunderbolt SSD works MOST of the time, but I've had the exact same problem, only it's intermittent!

Next thing to check is all cables and hubs. Can't imagine that unplugging a powered-off MixPre6 will make Audacity work with the internal speaker, but I'll try everything at this point.

morst:
I updated my macOS to Big Sur 11.6.3 and now it works fine!!!
Maybe it just needed the disc cleanup after a crash!?
That was weird but I'm glad it works now!

morst:
it's doing the same damn thing again now.won't even play through the internal speaker when I boot up clean and reinstall audacity (delete the folder located at ~Library>Application Support > audacity)

Grr.

FrankPere:
OMG! I had that problem too, try to rebot

morst:
I rebooted at least 20 times over the course of several weeks, but now I have given up on Big Sur and moved on to Monterey.
Audacity 2.4.2 works fine in Monterey.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version