Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Transfer SMS messages and call history from one android phone to another

(1/4) > >>

lsd2525:
Not taping related, but just checking to see if anyone has any suggestions. I just upgraded from a Google Pixel 3a to a 4a. Connected the two and did the data transfer. It copied everything but my SMS test messages and call history.

Any idea how to transfer? Google's website is useless. There are a slew of third party apps that claim to do this, but I have no idea which ones are worth a crap.

Or should I bite the bullet and take it to a repair shop and have them do it?

dyneq:
When I upgraded to my 4a, I used the cable included to connect to my old phone and followed the instructions. Everything, including SMS, came over. This is how mine worked:
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7129955?hl=en#zippy=%2Cwhat-copies-during-setup%2Ccopy-data-from-your-old-phone-with-a-cable-recommended

Maybe reset it and start fresh?

lsd2525:

--- Quote from: dyneq on January 19, 2022, 10:13:01 AM ---When I upgraded to my 4a, I used the cable included to connect to my old phone and followed the instructions. Everything, including SMS, came over. This is how mine worked:
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7129955?hl=en#zippy=%2Cwhat-copies-during-setup%2Ccopy-data-from-your-old-phone-with-a-cable-recommended

Maybe reset it and start fresh?

--- End quote ---

Tried that 3 times last night. I got everything BUT the SMS and call history. They are backed up to my Google drive account. Trying to figure out how to restore and see if that works

vanark:
You need the app SMS Backup and Restore

lsd2525:

--- Quote from: vanark on January 19, 2022, 10:27:59 AM ---You need the app SMS Backup and Restore

--- End quote ---

Rory, i've seen that app suggested. Do you have any idea if I have to purchase a copy for both phones?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version