Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: NBox Users ~  (Read 10658 times)

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: NBox Users ~
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2005, 10:34:13 AM »
No, no, no... I think he means:

Pre / Phantom    4 hours >   Pre / Phantom   4 more hours >  Toss the batteries away!
 1  / 3                                3   /  1
 2  / 4                                4   /  2

Shaggy you were able to explain it better than I thank you for clarifying for me.  That is exactly what I do.  Keep in mind that at the 3.5 hour mark I start getting nervous and I dont attempt to push it too much further tan that. 

AColluzzi actually states correctly in another post that the Phantom is run by internal batts not the 9V batts.  Here where you and I state phantom s/b Line Out.   I apologize for my incorrect post.  :)

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2005, 01:10:33 AM »
Fluffhead,  I am giving you a T for actually giving some useful info on this board.  Don't get into any silly fights on the board and respect those that have been around.  Play nice and the rewards will be infinite.  Nbox or Lemosax....it doesn't matter as long as someone tapes the damn show, eh? 

I am going to be a part of this Schoeps stealth brigade soon.  Bought some CMC64Vs and a Lemosax/KCY will be on the way as soon as I rid myself of some gear.

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2005, 11:30:10 AM »
Fluffhead,  I am giving you a T for actually giving some useful info on this board.  Don't get into any silly fights on the board and respect those that have been around.  Play nice and the rewards will be infinite.  Nbox or Lemosax....it doesn't matter as long as someone tapes the damn show, eh? 

I am going to be a part of this Schoeps stealth brigade soon.  Bought some CMC64Vs and a Lemosax/KCY will be on the way as soon as I rid myself of some gear.

I actually prefer the if you want to give me a ticket please take it away instead.  I agree as long as someone tapes the show.  All this gear really makes HOTT tapes.  FTR I am new to the board not to taping, going on 18 yrs since my first taped show.  I do respect people some people just dont respect a sense of humor here.  I have been stealthing for a long time and I welcome you to the brigade...you may want to mod that sonolax, better yet I think Swanny has an NBOX for sale.....he he he he

Josephine:  sounds like you are doing the same thing I am.  Others however, dont seem to be doing that....BTW--the more complicated it sounds the more musical the tapes are?! :laugh: :laugh:  You are making some smokin' tapes!!!! Thanks for getting out there I promise once I finish my move to start posting shows too.

HAPPY TURKEY!!!!  Dont get bird flu.....

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2005, 12:41:19 PM »
I do respect people some people just dont respect a sense of humor here.

It's a two way street - additionaly, some people are not able to communicate effectively their intended humor in this medium.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline jkoch

• Taperssection Member
  • groovy!
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2005, 05:24:57 AM »

how are you going to set it up to stealth with mk4v's?
Schoeps MK4s > active cables > NBox+ > Edirol R-09HR

Offline shaggy

• Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2005, 05:49:19 AM »
MK4Vs are easier to stealth with than Mk4s, if you can believe it.  THe capsules can be laid on their sides and fit perfectly in the part above the brim on the front part of a Kangol.  THe cord assembly still gets in the way with a MK4 active set up and I was even going to comsider a MK5 which is longer by another 9-11mm.  With the MK4Vs, the cords will run towards wach other (towards the center) of the cap and then back around.  No pokey pokey with the cords, no funny bits sticking out anywhere.

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2005, 10:11:17 AM »
MK4Vs are easier to stealth with than Mk4s, if you can believe it.  THe capsules can be laid on their sides and fit perfectly in the part above the brim on the front part of a Kangol.  THe cord assembly still gets in the way with a MK4 active set up and I was even going to comsider a MK5 which is longer by another 9-11mm.  With the MK4Vs, the cords will run towards wach other (towards the center) of the cap and then back around.  No pokey pokey with the cords, no funny bits sticking out anywhere.

WAY easier to stealth with the Vs.  Without a doubt.  I just feel they dont sound as good as the 4s with the nbox.  I must say that I would like to hear more 4V stealth recordings FROM THE SWEET SPOT to make a more informed determination.  I feel the lateral p/u on the Vs adds more color to the high end emphasis when used on the horizontal axis w/an STC bar.  This may result in a 'spitty' recording.   ;D  I have had good luck with the Vs + Nbox in an inverted XY pattern using a shure mount.  Also I believe that if you run the Vs on an STC bar you are at a 70 degree angle which is 20 degrees less than DIN and 40 degrees less than ORTF both of which I prefer for stealthing in the sweet spot.  And then there is always the TP for those special projects on the side of center......

Peace,

dd

Offline ianstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • schoeps>something>something else
    • My Recordings on ARCHIVE
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2005, 10:18:55 AM »

WAY easier to stealth with the Vs.  Without a doubt.  I just feel they dont sound as good as the 4s with the nbox.  I must say that I would like to hear more 4V stealth recordings FROM THE SWEET SPOT to make a more informed determination.  I feel the lateral p/u on the Vs adds more color to the high end emphasis when used on the horizontal axis w/an STC bar.  This may result in a 'spitty' recording.   ;D  I have had good luck with the Vs + Nbox in an inverted XY pattern using a shure mount.  Also I believe that if you run the Vs on an STC bar you are at a 70 degree angle which is 20 degrees less than DIN and 40 degrees less than ORTF both of which I prefer for stealthing in the sweet spot.  And then there is always the TP for those special projects on the side of center......

Peace,

dd

yea but todd that doesnt matter for him, he's getting the LEMO not the Nbox.

Oh by the way did i tell you i picked up a pair of mics? cmc6/mk4 cuz i got a great deal. kc5 on the way!

;D

ps- i'm not that much of a stealther
pps- send me that hard drive and i'll start posting some of your shit on etree
- esp that depeche and aerosmith
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)
mk6 (pair) and mk41 (pair) with kc5's & cmc6's
mk21 (1) for those M/S situations

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

My Recordings on archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22ian%20stone%22

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2005, 10:39:59 AM »
[

Oh by the way did i tell you i picked up a pair of mics? cmc6/mk4 cuz i got a great deal. kc5 on the way!

;D

ps- i'm not that much of a stealt

I understand he is not using the Nbox.  I was stating this from my perspective Ian.  ;D Where are my shure mount and schoeps shock mount?  Dude I need that shit!!!  Please ASAP

BTW---Its 7:30 in the morning in CA.  I know you didnt get up that early.  Go to fuckin' sleep bro.

Offline ianstone

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2005, 04:18:12 PM »
[

;D

ps- i'm not that much of a stealt

I understand he is not using the Nbox.  I was stating this from my perspective Ian.  ;D Where are my shure mount and schoeps shock mount?  Dude I need that shit!!!  Please ASAP

BTW---Its 7:30 in the morning in CA.  I know you didnt get up that early.  Go to fuckin' sleep bro.

JIMBO has that shit i told ya already....
call him.

i am in NY at my parents.... so it was 10:30. and yes i was up that early, but your right i would not have been if i was in CA.
:)
ian
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

My Recordings on archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22ian%20stone%22

Offline Swanny

• Taperssection Member
    • Some shows...
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005, 04:18:47 PM »
I also have an nbox. I use engergizers, and have never tried to push it past 4hrs. I will be trying it with the mk5's soon...
Schoeps MK5/8 > KC5 > CMC6> Oade M148/Aerco MP-2 > Mytek 24192 > Tascam dr-100 mkiii

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2005, 04:24:33 PM »
I also have an nbox. I use engergizers, and have never tried to push it past 4hrs. I will be trying it with the mk5's soon...

just be sure you swap those batteries 1 to 3, 3 to 1 and 2 to 4, 4 to 2 at the 4 hour mark.  I checked the voltage after the lenny/aerosmith show and found that the pre amp batts were at 8.2V and the line out batts were at 9.0...still totally fresh.  I disconnected them from the box and taped the ends w/gaffing tape and I will use them in the opposite position for 4 more hours.

Ian---sent you a pm

Offline ianstone

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2005, 04:41:54 PM »

just be sure you swap those batteries 1 to 3, 3 to 1 and 2 to 4, 4 to 2 at the 4 hour mark.  I checked the voltage after the lenny/aerosmith show and found that the pre amp batts were at 8.2V and the line out batts were at 9.0...still totally fresh.  I disconnected them from the box and taped the ends w/gaffing tape and I will use them in the opposite position for 4 more hours.

Ian---sent you a pm

see that's pretty organized...  i'd get so stoned at shows i'd forget which batteries are which and wind up either
a/ losing some of that, or the next show
b/ spending more on batts cuz i'm just busting out more freshies
or c/ all of the above

;D

pm right back atcha tweeker! ;)
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

Offline shaggy

• Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2005, 06:16:34 PM »
Hey ian stoner, label the batteries with tape b4 the show...oh yeah, congrats on your CMC64 purchase.  You were the final push that got me to put the pen to the paper on those CMC64Vs, I thought I'd lose out to you.

fluff, thanx for the tips....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.108 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com