Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: So I am looking for some moderately priced mics...  (Read 1526 times)

Offline salmonite

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
So I am looking for some moderately priced mics...
« on: April 26, 2007, 12:54:25 PM »
...And have been looking to get some cards as well as some omnis, as I have begun recording 4 channel. I have been running some samson c4's usually in xy and some samson cl8's usually as a spaced pair. I'm wondering if anyone around here has run any of the peluso cemc6's or the any of the avenson audios. Also any suggestions as far as personal experiences with any other types of mics in the same price range. Thanks in advance.   

cshepherd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: So I am looking for some moderately priced mics...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 03:23:39 PM »
My advice would be to record with two channels and increase your per microphone budget. 

Chris

Offline Shawn

• is old and tired
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: So I am looking for some moderately priced mics...
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 03:46:53 PM »
there really are a ton of good mics in the 500-800 price range. I'd advise you head over to archive.org and listen to lots of different recordings.  It's really the best resource for researching this kind of stuff. Do yourself a favor and take the time to download FLACs and burn CDs and listen on the best system you have available. listening to mp3s on cheapo computer speakers kisn't really the best way to analyze a recording.

it's also useful to just keep a list of recordings that you like. I keep a spreadsheet. If I download a show, which I don't do often anymore, but when I do if I really like the recording I enter some basic information about the recording gear, location, config, etc... Over time it's allowed me to identify gear that I like, because the same gear keeps appearing in the list.

or you could just buy and sell a bunch of gear in the yard sale here and find out what you like that way. It's exspensive, but fun. And I'd be lying If I were to say I hadn't tried that method a bit myself  ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.145 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com