Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

V3 battery

(1/11) > >>

Rob D.:
I've been using two Impact (BPD-8000) batteries to power my V3 for about 8 years now. They've recently become unreliable but I've gotten my monies worth no doubt. What is a replacement recommendation?

fsulloway:
You could use the same batteries as you do for your 744 if you want to. That's what I use for my V3. Just wire your cable for the V3 to a sled like the 744 batts slide in to. Very simple to wire up or you could have one of our TS cable guys do it. For me it was a no brainer since I had a few batteries for my 722 and they're relatively inexpensive.

Brian G:
I have been using a Naztech BP15000 with my V3.

dactylus:
Where did you obtain the 744-like sled?

I too have a Naztech PB15000 to use with my V3.

--- Quote from: fsulloway on August 10, 2016, 09:06:28 PM ---You could use the same batteries as you do for your 744 if you want to. That's what I use for my V3. Just wire your cable for the V3 to a sled like the 744 batts slide in to. Very simple to wire up or you could have one of our TS cable guys do it. For me it was a no brainer since I had a few batteries for my 722 and they're relatively inexpensive.

--- End quote ---

fsulloway:
The sled comes from the wall chargers used to charge those type batteries. Got mine off ebay for less than $5. The sled attaches to the part that sticks in the wall. You unscrew the back and solder your cable to the contacts. Wish I had taken pics but it was quite simple and I'm not that handy with an iron.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version