Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: distortion could mean harmed mics (PCM D50)?  (Read 1821 times)

alex76

• Trade Count: (0)
distortion could mean harmed mics (PCM D50)?
« on: September 15, 2009, 01:05:48 PM »
Hi, I'm new on this forum,
I've appreaciate it for experience shown, while I'm only a beginner in recording.

I play piano, and I've bought a PCM D50. However, postal service have damaged it, harming the mic armour,
but it seems not at all the mics, (they're free to rotate too), I don't know. Can you help me?

Briefly, user guide says that "Distortion will not occur" when "Recording level is -12 to -1dB"

Howerver it seems that a small distortion really occurs when green light is on, and that very clear sound (piano playing, music...) is recorded under -12dB.

IS it correct, or it's a strange behaviour of my half-injured device?

Thank you!
Best Regards
Nick Messina

Offline dogmusic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: distortion could mean harmed mics (PCM D50)?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 09:37:32 AM »
Hi, I'm new on this forum,
I've appreaciate it for experience shown, while I'm only a beginner in recording.

I play piano, and I've bought a PCM D50. However, postal service have damaged it, harming the mic armour,
but it seems not at all the mics, (they're free to rotate too), I don't know. Can you help me?

Briefly, user guide says that "Distortion will not occur" when "Recording level is -12 to -1dB"

Howerver it seems that a small distortion really occurs when green light is on, and that very clear sound (piano playing, music...) is recorded under -12dB.

IS it correct, or it's a strange behaviour of my half-injured device?

Thank you!
Best Regards
Nick Messina

For future peace of mind on such an expensive unit, I would send it back and make the post office pay for it.
"The ear is much more than a mere appendage on the side of the head." - Catherine Parker Anthony, Structure and Function of the Human Body (1972)

"That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?" - Firesign Theatre

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com