Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Advice on DPA 4061  (Read 17489 times)

ilduclo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Advice on DPA 4061
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2019, 06:41:14 PM »
Nor yours.  Keep digging that ego hole.
jeez, you asshole, who fucking shit in your cornflakes this morning?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 06:43:06 PM by ilduclo »

Offline Len Moskowitz (Core Sound)

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Core Sound
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2019, 08:34:33 PM »
still incorrect about Coresound, you can get a volume matched set (or a single mic) terminated how you like without a power supply. For instance, 2 matched 4060's or 4061's terminated together to a single 1/8" stereo miniplug. And, I believe that work is done for the cost of the mics. Len may charge extra for some work, but he didn't when I got my last set

:headphones:

so, yeah, technically they aren't Coresound mics, but they are SOLD by them, which was my point, if you missed it

We can provide matched pairs of DPA 4060s or 4061s with the factory micro-dots, or set up to use either of our two HEB battery boxes.

We can also provide an adapter cable that allows for the factory micro-dots to be used with our battery box.

We usually terminate our HEBs with a 1/8"/3.5mm right angle plug. We can use others on request.

We match to tighter tolerances than DPA.
Len Moskowitz
Core Sound
www.core-sound.com

ilduclo

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2019, 11:31:49 PM »
thanks, Len :cheers:

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2019, 09:47:11 AM »

We can also provide an adapter cable that allows for the factory micro-dots to be used with our battery box.

Was not aware of this option. Does makes sense as it would not be difficult.

Thanks for posting Len.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2019, 09:48:36 AM »
Nor yours.  Keep digging that ego hole.
jeez, you asshole, who fucking shit in your cornflakes this morning?

You just did, again. Seems to be a regular trend, and is quite clear to most level-headed folks on the site (more than a few have confirmed the same to me).

Have a nice day.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

ilduclo

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2019, 11:18:22 AM »
check your conflakes again! I'm nowhere near where you're at, so it ain't me!

:lol:

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son

ilduclo

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2019, 11:19:55 AM »

Was not aware of this option.

--the foremost authority

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2019, 11:36:44 AM »
^ Ah, that ego chipped shoulder again.

Keep on digging man, it's become sadly entertaining on this end, if unfortunate that those following the thread for information purposes need suffer it.

ilduclo

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2019, 11:41:04 AM »

Thanks for the non-contribution to the thread.   Say what you mean, mean what you say.

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

ilduclo

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2019, 11:43:35 AM »

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2019, 12:07:22 PM »
Wasn't certain you'd take it literally when I said keep on diggin', but should have guessed as much.

Factually correct information helpful to myself and others is my motivation here.
Please try to confine your animosity to the PZ, il.

mfrench

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2019, 12:48:35 PM »
GutBucket, you are a true master recordist and innovator. 
Ilduclo is nothing more than an immature, loudmouth, name calling, imitator; (they call those trolls on the interwebs don't they?).
The OP would be well advised as to which advise to take.

ilduclo

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2019, 01:44:32 PM »
well, lets sum up for the original poster, then

you can buy 4061's directly from DPA or from Coresound or other places with the microdots attached
you can buy ones terminated to a single 1/8" stereo miniplug from Coresound and get your own power supply from Soundpros, Church or other mfg
you can buy ones with the Coresound box and the proper connections from Coresound as well.
Coresound will also match the mics for output and make other connections and does excellent work doing so.

Offline Lostbrook

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2019, 03:22:45 PM »
Considering one of these options myself. Thanks to all for the good info

Offline u2_fly_2

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2019, 03:29:14 PM »
well, lets sum up for the original poster, then

you can buy 4061's directly from DPA or from Coresound or other places with the microdots attached
you can buy ones terminated to a single 1/8" stereo miniplug from Coresound and get your own power supply from Soundpros, Church or other mfg
you can buy ones with the Coresound box and the proper connections from Coresound as well.
Coresound will also match the mics for output and make other connections and does excellent work doing so.

Many thanks Ilduclo for all extensive info!
Soundprofessionals Audio Technica AT 943 (SP-CMC-8) External Stereo Microphones > SP-SPSB-10-80020
Sound Professionals Micro-mini microphone power supply with mini 12vdc battery and 24 inch hardwired output cable Soundprofessionals Batterybox >> Olympus Ls-10 Linear Recorder > 4 GB > 24 Bit / 48 Khz  > 24 Bit / 96 Khz

Zoom Q3 HD - 1080p / 96-24 Bit

Roland R-26 (96 / 24 Bit)

Sony PCM-D100 (192 / 24 Bit)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com