Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

New Speakers!

<< < (3/3)

BCostigan:
 ;D

Tim my best advice.........get it IN WRITING!! ;)

plucks:

--- Quote from: Tim on April 24, 2004, 08:01:41 PM ---Sara has promised a "listening room" so that she doesn't have to look at any of it and me and my friends can do our thing ;D

I'm holding her to it!

have fun with the new toys Brian!

--- End quote ---
So you moving in Tim?   ;)

1st set only:
yepper speaker placement can make a world of diffrence. the problem i have with placment is that if you get it right for the sweet spot it doesnt sound so great for the rest of the house. so i find myself moving them around a lot.

cables... Try making your own with CAT5
amplifier... I just picked up a Marantz 4600 totally blown away every time i turn it on it does justice to music and movies.... it sounds better at home!

if you have any cambridge soundworks scratch and dent depos on your area that is the way to go.

scervin:
Compromise compromise.......   Do something for the lady and get those speakers out from the corner and back wall.  I've made nice with the wife and have a decent setup in the living room, but at the expense of a large dog.  I'm in the process of building a dedicated theater in the basment that will be perfect for 2 channel as well.  Speakers 2' from the walls, acoustic wall treatments, power amps, 106" diag screen.....  She gets a few plants and trees outside and gets to pic the couch and chairs for the new room.  Again compromise...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version