Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Fixing soundboard vocal reverb?

(1/4) > >>

cd2go:
Working on a matrix with on-stage mics that sound fantastic but the recording needs some vocals from the soundboard mix. Unfortunately they are noticeably echoey in spots. Is there any way to help reduce echo using simple EQ or basic plugins? Editing with Amadeus Pro but can also use Audacity.

Thanks in advance!
-James

Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B):
Echo or Reverb?

iZotope has a "De-Reverb" function. Never really used it so no idea how well it works.

tim in jersey:
Nothing constructive to contribute, but I've had that happen a number of times. Kinda sux.

opsopcopolis:
Are we talking intentional delay/reverb? Echo between the sources?

cd2go:

--- Quote from: opsopcopolis on March 07, 2022, 12:02:22 AM ---Are we talking intentional delay/reverb? Echo between the sources?

--- End quote ---

Maybe my terminology is off, guess it is reverb? It’s just from the lead vocals on the house feed, and not on every song. I definitely heard it out in the audience too. The vocals picked up on-stage from the monitors seem unaffected, but definitely need the help of the board feed.  I’ll post a sound sample tonight. Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version