Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

MixPre3-II SD Card Issue

(1/2) > >>

docterzaius:
Hello,

I'm hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction of help. I have a MixPre-3 II and have been using it for a little over a year without issue. Recently at a shoot it was telling me I had no SD card inserted. I tried to format the card and it says 'format failed' 'No SD Card'. I have been using this card without issue for a year. I have several other cards I have tried.

We had rented two additional MIXPre3-II mixers for our shoot and I tired all of my SD cards in those other mixers and they worked fine. None of the cards would work in my mixer. I tried to take cards from the other mixers and put them in my mixer, they also would not work.

I tried formatting cards on my computer, using SD Card Formatter, performing an overwrite on them and they still won't work. I tried re-setting the mixer to factory spec and it still won't recognize any of the cards.

I will list the cards I have, but as I have stated before they are working in other MIXPRE 3 II and I don't think should be the issue then.

Kingston 16GB SDHC Class 10
Sanddisk 64GB SDXC Class 10 30 MB/s
Lexar Platinum II 32GB SDHX 100X Class 6
Lexar Platinum II 64GB SDXC 200X Class 10
Sanddisk Extreem PRO 64GB SDXC Class 10 95mb/s

dactylus:

Hello,

Sorry that you're having those issues.  I think that your best bet is to contact Sound Devices Support.  Contact them online or call them:

https://service.sounddevices.com/contact-support/

Regular business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 to 17:00 U.S. Central Time (GMT-6).

Sound Devices, LLC
P.O. Box 576
E7556 State Road 23 and 33
Reedsburg, WI 53959
Phone: 1-800-505-0625
Local Phone: +1 (608) 524-0625
Fax: +1 (608) 524-0655

kindms:

--- Quote from: docterzaius on March 14, 2022, 05:46:05 PM ---Hello,

I'm hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction of help. I have a MixPre-3 II and have been using it for a little over a year without issue. Recently at a shoot it was telling me I had no SD card inserted. I tried to format the card and it says 'format failed' 'No SD Card'. I have been using this card without issue for a year. I have several other cards I have tried.

We had rented two additional MIXPre3-II mixers for our shoot and I tired all of my SD cards in those other mixers and they worked fine. None of the cards would work in my mixer. I tried to take cards from the other mixers and put them in my mixer, they also would not work.

I tried formatting cards on my computer, using SD Card Formatter, performing an overwrite on them and they still won't work. I tried re-setting the mixer to factory spec and it still won't recognize any of the cards.

I will list the cards I have, but as I have stated before they are working in other MIXPRE 3 II and I don't think should be the issue then.

Sanddisk 64GB SDXC Class 10 30 MB/s
Lexar Platinum II 32GB SDHX 100X Class 6
Lexar Platinum II 64GB SDXC 200X Class 10
Sanddisk Extreem PRO 64GB SDXC Class 10 95mb/s

--- End quote ---

from your troubleshooting it sounds like the issue is the card reader in your mixpre 3 II

If the cards work everywhere else IE other recorders, and you can read them on computers etc I would definitely reach out to support as dactylus suggests.

audBall:
I wonder if perhaps some debris has made its way into the slot? A quick jolt of compressed air perhaps?

docterzaius:
Hi everyone, thank you for the advice. I am going to get a can of compressed air and see if that will help. Sound Devices think the SD reader has failed and needs replacement. Hoping I can get it working before paying shipping fees and import fees back into Canada for the repair costs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version