Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Reaper users?  (Read 10387 times)

Offline ycoop

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Reaper users?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2019, 02:31:56 PM »
Wow, not only does this work properly in the current version, I can export directly as FLAC and not even have to use TLH! Thanks again for the heads up folks.

Yep! Very solid program.

Now if I could just figure out the amplification to -1db and the fades I could totally ditch Audacity....

I'm very new to DAWs and I couldn't figure out why my rendered tracks sounded so different in Foobar than the playback in Reaper. When you do EQ in Reaper (and possibly every other DAW), you HAVE to apply the effect to the track before you render it. The monitor EQ does not do it automatically. I thought this may alleviate a bit of frustration.

I may have stuck with my AT853s if I had known EQing could make these tiny mics sound so good  :cheers:

Following up again about how to apply the EQ from individuals tracks to the master before rendering. I have a show that when EQd sounds great but can’t figure out how to export the finished mix.
Mics: Avantone CK-1s, AT853 c+o
Pres: CA9100
Recorders: DR-60d mkII, DR-2d

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2019, 03:32:47 PM »
Wow, not only does this work properly in the current version, I can export directly as FLAC and not even have to use TLH! Thanks again for the heads up folks.

Yep! Very solid program.

Now if I could just figure out the amplification to -1db and the fades I could totally ditch Audacity....

I'm very new to DAWs and I couldn't figure out why my rendered tracks sounded so different in Foobar than the playback in Reaper. When you do EQ in Reaper (and possibly every other DAW), you HAVE to apply the effect to the track before you render it. The monitor EQ does not do it automatically. I thought this may alleviate a bit of frustration.

I may have stuck with my AT853s if I had known EQing could make these tiny mics sound so good  :cheers:

Following up again about how to apply the EQ from individuals tracks to the master before rendering. I have a show that when EQd sounds great but can’t figure out how to export the finished mix.

If you have the EQ effect set up, you have to apply it to the track. If you only have it under master mix, it won't apply.

https://imgur.com/a/EnABHyk

In the above snapshot, the FX selection is green. Once that is done, you can go to File>Render and so on.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Online voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2019, 05:32:01 PM »

Yep! Very solid program.

If you have the EQ effect set up, you have to apply it to the track. If you only have it under master mix, it won't apply.

https://imgur.com/a/EnABHyk

In the above snapshot, the FX selection is green. Once that is done, you can go to File>Render and so on.

If you select "Master Mix" in the Render window, it will use your EQ regardless of whether it is on an individual channel track or the Master.

So if your project is just one stereo track, it doesn't matter where you put your EQ.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline mandodon

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2019, 11:26:28 AM »
This is all brilliant stuff, folks, especially the markers/regions/rendering and the sws extensions. I was doing all this stuff manually. Thanks for all the tips here.

I have a bunch of unprocessed recordings that will be easy to process now.  :cheers:

Offline Twenty8

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Heading for a better thesis
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2019, 11:36:06 AM »
While I use Reaper all the time for my podcast, I finally ran into a question I have that will effect my use of it when I start taping next month.

DEFINITELY noob content:

How do you put a marker in that recognizes a track break?

Explanation:
My gf wanted a certain King Gizzard album.  So I used my interface and Reaper to take it off YouTube (I know, I am a jerk).
The problem is that I can not figure out how to make it anything other than one file, ie. its 40 minutes long of just one track.
Even if I break it into separate "tracks" on Reaper, it still appears to be one track, not multiple, when I render it.
How do I go about this correctly?  What am I doing wrong?

I do have other programs, like Foobar, CD Wave Editor, TLH, Izotope RX 7, MP3tag, etc.

I just have never faced the issue of how to take one long track and break it apart to be 11 tracks like a normal album/concert file.
Open/Closed ~ AT U853 (subc, h, c, o):
Decks ~ MixPre 6ii, A10, M10
Pres ~ 2x Oade mod UA-5 (W+, ACM+)
Also ~ Line Audio CM3/CM4/OM1 : AT3031 : AT831 : DR2D

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2019, 12:12:47 PM »
While I use Reaper all the time for my podcast, I finally ran into a question I have that will effect my use of it when I start taping next month.

DEFINITELY noob content:

How do you put a marker in that recognizes a track break?

Explanation:
My gf wanted a certain King Gizzard album.  So I used my interface and Reaper to take it off YouTube (I know, I am a jerk).
The problem is that I can not figure out how to make it anything other than one file, ie. its 40 minutes long of just one track.
Even if I break it into separate "tracks" on Reaper, it still appears to be one track, not multiple, when I render it.
How do I go about this correctly?  What am I doing wrong?

I do have other programs, like Foobar, CD Wave Editor, TLH, Izotope RX 7, MP3tag, etc.

I just have never faced the issue of how to take one long track and break it apart to be 11 tracks like a normal album/concert file.

https://reaperaccessibility.com/index.php/Chapter_9:_Loops,_Markers_and_Regions#9.8_Creating_and_Using_Regions

https://reaperaccessibility.com/index.php/Chapter_21:_Exporting_Files,_Mixing_Down_and_Rendering#21.8_Rendering_Regions

That's how I do it. Create markers for the beginning of each track, insert regions between those markers, then render as a region matrix.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline mandodon

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2019, 12:33:46 PM »
All explained earlier in this thread too. You need the sws extensions.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com