Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: "SP-BMC-10" omnis from Soundprofessionals?  (Read 5712 times)

Offline Arni99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
"SP-BMC-10" omnis from Soundprofessionals?
« on: September 01, 2007, 02:26:01 AM »
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-BMC-10

Anybody who got this mics yet?
Could be an alternative to DPA406x´s?

thx
Arni
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 02:34:14 AM by Arni99 »
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
Re: "SP-BMC-10" omnis from Soundprofessionals?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 08:19:20 AM »
Chris Carfagno updated the product description with the optional low-sensitivity-mod 2 days ago after I asked him if the mod would be available for these mics too.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
Chris Carfagno updated the product description with the optional low-sensitivity-mod 2 days ago after I asked him if the mod would be available for these mics too.

You mean my low sensitivity mod? dont you????

I have used these mics in a real live situation I would never compair them to DPA in a million years.

That would be like me comparing my omni mics to DPA and although I wish my mics did sound like DPA I have to be honest with my customers and say DPA mics do sound better.

But hey that's just me - put it this way if these mics did sound better * they dont * then DPA many MANY Theatrical companies would be switching because at $399 each list vs $700 list for the DPA that would almost be a 2:1 ratio and make many owners of theatre companies very happy..

Chris

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 10:03:15 AM by Church-Audio »
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 10:13:11 AM »

I have used these mics in a real live situation I would never compair them to DPA in a million years.

That would be like me comparing my omni mics to DPA and although I wish my mics did sound like DPA I have to be honest with my customers and say DPA mics do sound better.

But hey that's just me - put it this way if these mics did sound better * they dont * then DPA many MANY Theatrical companies would be switching because at $399 each list vs $700 list for the DPA that would almost be a 2:1 ratio and make many owners of theatre companies very happy..

Chris

yes I mean YOUR mod with the SP mics ;)....but customers on the SP can´t choose a church-low-sens mod so I call it SP-low-sens-mod referring to the dropdown menue on the SP site. ;)
I can´t find any recordings made with these mics neither....doesn´t mean they are bad, just bad advertised HAHA ;).
A sample would be great...but nothing available on the sp-site.....

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 10:27:35 AM »

Chris

yes I mean YOUR mod with the SP mics ;)....but customers on the SP can´t choose a church-low-sens mod so I call it SP-low-sens-mod referring to the dropdown menue on the SP site. ;)
I can´t find any recordings made with these mics neither....doesn´t mean they are bad, just bad advertised HAHA ;).
A sample would be great...but nothing available on the sp-site.....

Don't get me wrong these are good mics I was impressed with the quality they even make a micro cardioid mic that I really loved. The huge problem I had was 1- the overloaded easley as a matter of fact I had to switch one out on an actor because he was playing the roll of Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar and when he was singing he would distort the mic with his voice.. In all fairness I measured his voice at 10 inch at 120dbA that kinda freaked me out a little So I switched to a Sen MKE2 gold.. And the problem was solved I even worked with AT to try and "fix" this distortion issue * they were unable to solve it * this was before my mod was developed :( too bad for me.. IMAGINE being behind the sound board and your lead actor starts to sing and it sounds like total distortion people look at you like your a moron lol.. It was not a good times..

But back on subject... These mics sound great but when I placed them beside DPA mics the DPA mics were so much better it was ridiculous. It was like apples to oranges. I think its great to sell products and even make money from peoples ideas * like my high spl mod * but I think you also have to be honest and never try to compair a Honda to a Porsche.

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 10:42:49 AM »
Chris, are you driving a Honda or a Porsche?  ;D
I almost bought new DPA 4061+MMA6000 today, BUT suddenly a little devil appeared on my right shoulder and said:"no, arni, don´t do it!" HAHA

I guess 4061´s + DPA MMA6000 preamp are are perfect combination as you can record silent and loud shows with this gear.....
Are the microdot connectors really that fragile and easy destroyable as some users told me?

I thought of choosing LINE-IN in for loud shows using the MPS6030 DPA power supply and the mma6000 pre on LINE-IN for silent shows.....lotsa bucks though  ::)!

Len from core-sound offered me single-3.5mm terminated matched 406x for 875$+shipping.
He said my 12V SP-bbox would destroy the DPA´s?
Chris, you said in another thread, voltage up to 12V doesn´t harm the DPAs?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 10:53:15 AM by Arni99 »

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 01:20:33 PM »
I almost bought new DPA 4061+MMA6000 today, BUT suddenly a little devil appeared on my right shoulder and said:"no, arni, don´t do it!" HAHA

I guess 4061´s + DPA MMA6000 preamp are are perfect combination as you can record silent and loud shows with this gear.....
Are the microdot connectors really that fragile and easy destroyable as some users told me?

I thought of choosing LINE-IN in for loud shows using the MPS6030 DPA power supply and the mma6000 pre on LINE-IN for silent shows.....lotsa bucks though  ::)!

Len from core-sound offered me single-3.5mm terminated matched 406x for 875$+shipping.

IMO I would get my 9100 with microdot connectors and save your $$$ the performance is the same on my preamp except my preamp only has 20 db of total gain. :)

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 12:32:13 PM »

IMO I would get my 9100 with microdot connectors and save your $$$ the performance is the same on my preamp except my preamp only has 20 db of total gain. :)

thx chris, but I don´t need a preamp using dpa 4060´s and my RH1´s preamp ;).
will get the 4060´s on friday.

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 12:38:42 PM »

I must have misunderstood you because you did mention the DPA preamp as something you were thinking about..

Chris

Online WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 12:57:55 PM »

YMMV, it depends how you treat your gear.  I have done several hundred recordings and never had any trouble with the microdots.  Wouldn't want to have the MMA6000 HANGING from them, but for normal in-pocket use they're no problem.  I far prefer them to something like a 1/8" connector that can pull out part way and spoil a tape.  Just make sure they are completely screwed in, and it's a worry-free connection.

Jeff

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 01:02:58 PM »

I must have misunderstood you because you did mention the DPA preamp as something you were thinking about..

Chris

yes I had to decide either to go for dpa4060+power supply OR 4061 + mma6000 preamp.
I NEVER do in front of stack taping....so I went the 4060+MPS6030 route.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 01:07:28 PM by Arni99 »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.094 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com