Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sample Rate Conversion from 48 > 44.1 in Audacity?  (Read 10658 times)

Offline taylordb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Sample Rate Conversion from 48 > 44.1 in Audacity?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 02:55:59 PM »
Yes, I use a mac.....but I would guess that the functions would be the same on the windows version (if there is one, haven't looked).

Also, the great part about Audacity is that it never physically changes the original wav file.  It only uses it as a reference.  So if you screw up your editing, just delete the audacity file and start over.

Offline db

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • i do not have a personal statement
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 03:45:15 PM »

i think "ccda sectors + bytes (snap to samples)"  oughta work too, no?
db

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The Dude abides...
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 04:02:38 PM »
Damn, there's some weird problem with the recording.  It starts the first 2 seconds of the next track on the end of the previous track.  Then it starts it over when it gets to the actual track.   ???

Can anyone help with this issue, though?  So I do the Project rate sample conversion 48 > 44.1, cut all my tracks, export, then when I try to fix the sbe's is says there are none, but the tracks are messed up as I describe above.  The first few seconds of the next track are both at the end of the current track PLUS at the beginning of the next track.   ???
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline db

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • i do not have a personal statement
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 04:08:51 PM »
Damn, there's some weird problem with the recording.  It starts the first 2 seconds of the next track on the end of the previous track.  Then it starts it over when it gets to the actual track.   ???

Can anyone help with this issue, though?  So I do the Project rate sample conversion 48 > 44.1, cut all my tracks, export, then when I try to fix the sbe's is says there are none, but the tracks are messed up as I describe above.  The first few seconds of the next track are both at the end of the current track PLUS at the beginning of the next track.   ???

maybe: cut up the tracks by cut and then paste into a new "stereo track". once you have all of the tracks/files select "export multiple" under file menu and make sure the bottom left sample rate is set to 44k.

edit: also, when you make your cuts, your selection format needs to be in "snap to". i said it above, but i think it's the "ccda sectors..." selection. ccda ...75 fps may work too, never tried.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 04:17:41 PM by db »
db

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The Dude abides...
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 12:24:19 AM »
Fixed!  Here's what happened to fix it. 
1. I started over with the original wav transferred over, opening it as a new file in Audacity. 
2. I then did the sample rate conversion using "project rate" in the bottom left corner of the GUI.
3. "Export as wav", creating a new wav file now in 44.1 kHz.
4. All the usual stuff.

Worked out slick!  I can now begin transferring the 100+ dats that have been sitting around for the last 3 years!   ;D

T's to the thread!   :)
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline digifish_music

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 05:04:32 AM »
I thought I would just post a link to this free-ware utility from Voxengo r8brain

High quality conversion is yours in batch mode (on PC).

http://www.voxengo.com/product/r8brain/

Download here

digifish
- What's this knob do?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com