Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Question about Ni-Mh batteries  (Read 8649 times)

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Question about Ni-Mh batteries
« on: March 16, 2019, 01:54:02 AM »
I have a question about Ni-Mh batteries. I'm kinda surprised at myself for never having thought about this before.

In particular it relates to Power-Ex LSD batteries. I have a charger for my AAA's for my flashlights and AA's for my M-10 and other hand-held recorders. And a charger for my 9V batteries for the Nbox and Baby-N.

As we all know rechargeable batteries have a limited discharge/recharge cycle before they degrade.

Simple question: as far as extending the life of the Ni-Mh battery is it wise to charge to capacity after the last use, store 'em, then top 'em off the day before the show? Or should I leave them on the charger until needed? Does the trickle charge function count towards the recharge limit on the Ni-Mh batteries?

Furthermore, now that these devices sip power. Should I even worry about topping them off between shows? I know with the Nbox and BabyN it takes mere minutes to recharge for a typical 1 night show.

I usually go, at best a month to two or three, but sometimes more, before needing either the AA's or 9V's. Is it wise to leave them on the chargers or is it a bad idea?

:help: :iamwithstupid:

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Re: Question about Ni-Mh batteries
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 02:47:32 AM »
fortunately they are not as fussy as li-ions when it comes to losing capacity. heres a bunch of tips. ill bet keeping them cool in storage wouldnt hurt either

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?195033-What-s-the-best-way-to-store-NIMH-Cells-charged-or-discharged
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline u2_fly_2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Question about Ni-Mh batteries
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 04:07:34 PM »
For some recorders (especially "Zoom:s") non-rechargeable batteries works better than "rechargeable" oneĀ“s.
Soundprofessionals Audio Technica AT 943 (SP-CMC-8) External Stereo Microphones > SP-SPSB-10-80020
Sound Professionals Micro-mini microphone power supply with mini 12vdc battery and 24 inch hardwired output cable Soundprofessionals Batterybox >> Olympus Ls-10 Linear Recorder > 4 GB > 24 Bit / 48 Khz  > 24 Bit / 96 Khz

Zoom Q3 HD - 1080p / 96-24 Bit

Roland R-26 (96 / 24 Bit)

Sony PCM-D100 (192 / 24 Bit)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com