Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: V3 battery question  (Read 3379 times)

Offline balou2

• Crippled, but still dancin'
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • He was a friend of mine.
    • Little Mountain Sound Archive
V3 battery question
« on: May 01, 2006, 12:02:57 AM »
Very simple question, but I don't have the manual to know.

Are V3's EITHER 6V or 12V? i.e., you couldn't run it off a 7.2V?  The version I have has the 6V checked on the S/N tag on the understide.
Socks are overrated.

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
Re: V3 battery question
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 12:08:10 AM »
 I run mine off a 7.2 wal mart DVD batt. & I'm pretty sure it's marked 6v
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 12:47:40 AM »
I got a battery pack from cascade, works like a charm  ;D
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline Crumbo

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 12:51:09 AM »
I run mine off a 7.2 wal mart DVD batt. & I'm pretty sure it's marked 6v

ditto
Mics: AKG ck63
Cables: nBob actives
Preamp: nbox platinum II
Recorders:  Sony PCM-M10, Edirol R-05

Offline balou2

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 01:00:29 AM »
Thanks guys!  Now I don't need to buy a new battery.  Save me some scratch for my next round!
Socks are overrated.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 01:01:36 AM »
The V3 will run on any voltage between 6v and 12v.  However, the V3's typically leave the shop calibrated for 6v or 12v power sources.  Calibration = setting the low battery indicator and auto-shutoff at appropriate voltages for a 6v or 12v SLA power source.  So, a V3 calibrated for 6v will function normally on a 6v SLA battery - low battery indicator will work, auto-shutoff feature will work.  A "6v" V3 will also run off a 12v battery, but the low battery indicator and auto-shutoff features will not function properly and you'll likely damage your 12v battery by draining it too much.  Alternately, a "12v" V3 will not work on a 6v battery because the 6v battery's voltage is below the calibration thresholds for the low battery indicator and auto-shutoff.

All this to say - if it's marked 6v, you can run it off a battery anywhere from 6v to 12v, but the low battery indicator and auto-shutoff features will not function properly.  I use a 9v Lithium Ion battery for mine, and don't need the V3's onboard low battery indicator because my battery has one.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline balou2

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 01:03:50 AM »
The V3 will run on any voltage between 6v and 12v However, the V3's typically leave the shop calibrated for 6v or 12v power sources.  Calibration = setting the low battery indicator and auto-shutoff at appropriate voltages for a 6v or 12v SLA power source.  So, a V3 calibrated for 6v will function normally on a 6v SLA battery - low battery indicator will work, auto-shutoff feature will work.  A "6v" V3 will also run off a 12v battery, but the low battery indicator and auto-shutoff features will not function properly and you'll likely damage your 12v battery by draining it too much.  Alternately, a "12v" V3 will not work on a 6v battery because the 6v battery's voltage is below the calibration thresholds for the low battery indicator and auto-shutoff.

All this to say - if it's marked 6v, you can run it off a battery anywhere from 6v to 12v, but the low battery indicator and auto-shutoff features will not function properly.  I use a 9v Lithium Ion battery for mine, and don't need the V3's onboard low battery indicator because my battery has one.
That's what I was looking for.  Thanks B.
Mike
Socks are overrated.

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 03:20:02 AM »
yeah, my v3 batt light is all types of freaked out, bugs the F out of me, and has added a few grey hairs to the mix  >:D
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 07:38:10 AM »
yeah, my v3 batt light is all types of freaked out, bugs the F out of me, and has added a few grey hairs to the mix  >:D

When I went for the opti-mod, they were kind enough to calibrate it for the 9v's we use.  No more blinky business.
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 03:03:57 PM »

When I went for the opti-mod, they were kind enough to calibrate it for the 9v's we use.  No more blinky business.

yeah, Im pretty sure thanks to this thread that that's the cause, the diff in v, but it still works, and
Ive gotten used to the blinky light  >:D

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 09:20:13 PM »
  I use a 9v Lithium Ion battery (walmart) for mine, and don't need the V3's onboard low battery indicator because my battery has one.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com