Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AIWA-STRASSER HD-S1 DAT Questions...  (Read 3778 times)

hexyjones

• Trade Count: (0)
AIWA-STRASSER HD-S1 DAT Questions...
« on: March 22, 2005, 09:45:23 PM »
I was the buyer on this one recently on ebay...

Seems to work just fine. Played an 11 year old tape.

Question:

The digital I/O is an 1/8 mini plug. I was wondering if anyone knew how many conductors this plug has. Is it a 3 conductor - like a TRS or is it one of those 4 conductor versions?

The battery is an SLA. Any chance this still has some life in it? I think its dead.

The voltage is 7.4. Could I use the 7.2V version of the Wal-mart battery?

And if anyone has the analog input adpaptor that they would like to part with - let me know.

Not a bad deck - it has full size heads.

I really just got it to archive my existing collection of DATs

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: AIWA-STRASSER HD-S1 DAT Questions...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 12:55:37 AM »
Good find -- this is a nice deck.  I used to run one awhile back, along with an Aiwa HDX3000 (aka, the brick, same as the Marantz PMD700).  As you said, full size heads and a rock solid transport.

The digi-I/O is a 3 conductor TRS on 1/8" mini.  A radio shack stereo 1/8" mini to RCA adapter can be used to convert this to more typical coax digi-in/out.  I forget which "channel", right or left, is digi-out and which is digi-in, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.  (R-S part # is 274-883.)

I'm sure the original SLA batteries are long since dead, I think this deck is over a dozen years old.  The 7.2v li-ion should work fine.  I used a 6v SLA battery to run mine in the field.  With the 6v, the battery low indicator (flashing) would come on fairly early, but a 6v 7Ahr battery would last about 5+ hours.  I think the deck draws about 1000-1100mA for playback/record.  So the wallyword li-ion should last about 5 hours as well.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 12:58:57 AM by Todd R »
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

hexyjones

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: AIWA-STRASSER HD-S1 DAT Questions...
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 11:21:46 AM »
Thank You very much!

Thats the exact info I was looking for...!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com