Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD-Audiofile Help  (Read 13277 times)

Offline imazephed

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • No time left now for shame
DVD-Audiofile Help
« on: August 08, 2008, 09:30:24 AM »
I am trying to make dvda's of some of my 24/96 recordings and keep running into the same problem. I open Dvdaudiofile and drag and drop the flac's in hit create iso it works for just a second and makes an image that is only a few megs. I tried re encoding the flacs but every time same thing. When I droped the wav files in it made a 3 gig file with an image and dvd folder but when trying to burn with imgtool I get this error

AUDIO_TS dir is not present, try to create one...
VIDEO_TS dir is not present, try to create one...
==============================
building VIDEO_TS Tree...
==============================
Error: Missing needed file: "VIDEO_TS.IFO" ==> BREAK!

Anyone see what I am doing wrong? Any idea why the flac's wont run through all the way.  Thanks
Schoeps mk4,mk41>kc5>cmc6>van den Hul Mic>Oade ACM V3>722 
csb>mzrh10

"WINNING"

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
Re: DVD-Audiofile Help
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »
Any idea why the flac's wont run through all the way.  Thanks

The FLAC files probably don't process because you are using the latest version of FLAC (v1.2.1), and, as far as I know, DVD-Audiofile hasn't been updated with the version of FLAC, so it has problems with 24 bit files encoded with the v1.2.1.

Offline libfab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 01:13:25 PM »
Hi,

DVD-Audiofile is a frontend for a command-line application called dvda-author, originally written by Dave Chapman in 2005.

Until recently dvda-author did not process FLAC 1.2.1 files. This has been fixed with version 08.07, which you can download from http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net

If you use Linux, you can also try version 08.08-dev, which I released yesterday. Among other goodies, version 08.08 processes Ogg FLAC and integrates a modded version of TS 'fixwav' header repair tool, originally written by member pigiron.

To continue using DVD-Audiofile as before, simply drop the new executable  in the DVD-Audiofile file tree, in the same place as the 2005 version, possibly renaming it as it used to be if I changed the name in the meantime.

Best,

Fabrice Nicol
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:16:47 PM by libfab »

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 06:30:17 AM »
Fabrice - excellent, thanks for the info :)

Offline imazephed

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 10:07:12 PM »
Does this work? Can I get a more detailed instructions on how to modify dvdaudiofile? Thanks
csb>mzrh10

"WINNING"

Offline libfab

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 03:35:09 AM »
Scott's app's current version 0.42 (which is available on Jason's 24-bit turtleside webpage) is unfortunately "bundled", i.e, the executable comprises both the interface and Dave Chapman's command-line tool. Unless I'm mistaken, I remember that a previous release of DVD-Audiofile kept the binaries separated, which is a better option. Perhaps you could request a "de-bundled" GUI from Scott, and then replace the original dvda-author binary  with the new one.
Best, Fab

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 11:50:27 AM »
it's actually all in a jar file, so you can get to it.  I swapped it out and changed the version number:

http://satellite.epix.net/~scb/dvd-audiofile/DVD-Audiofile%200.50win.zip

let me know if that works

Offline imazephed

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 08:29:42 PM »
Scott I tried .50 as is and it did the same worked for a second and said it was done. The iso was 15 megs. Was I supposed to replace the files in the program myself or did you already do it for us? If I need to can you tell me what files to change and where they are. I am not that great with this advanced stuff at least its advanced to me. Thanks for all the help
csb>mzrh10

"WINNING"

Offline libfab

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 09:24:15 AM »
There must have been an issue when Scott swapped the command line tool executables comprised within his wrap-up .exe

Besides, I happened to bump into another issue, probably unrelated, trying DVD-Audiofile with a 24/96 test file. I got "the files in the list must match in sample rate and size. You tried to add a 24bit/96000 Hz file" while dvda-author did its job all right on command line.

Scott, could you possibly give your app a twist so that it unzips with a \bin subfolder, with mkisofs and dvda-author-08.07 in it ? Your main executable would launch the binaries under \bin when necessary. This would ease the upgrading process both for authors and users. Thanks in advance for this.

For all intents and purposes, I just uploaded a new Windows installer on the DVD-Audio tools webpage. It's just a slight twist, but it may come in handy. Now, when you click on the Windows menu link (START -> Programs ->dvda-author-08.07 -> dvda-author) (orange DVD-A icon) a command-line console opens. Just type in:

dvda-author  -i (full path to your soundfiles directory) -o (full path to your output DVD directory)

example :

dvda-author -i C:\soundfiles  -o  C:\DVD-A

Your soundfiles directory should be organized with subfolders g1, g2, ... etc, g9, for group 1, group 2, ... group 9 (put in as many gN as there should be groups in your DVD-A).

There should only be subfolders g1, etc, in your soundfiles directory, without any extra material. In each g1, g2, etc, just put in your audio files.

example:

C:\soundfiles\g1\file1.wav
C:\soundfiles\g1\file2.flac
C:\soundfiles\g1\file3.wav
C:\soundfiles\g2\file1.wav
C:\soundfiles\g3\file1.wav
C:\soundfiles\g3\file2.flac

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:07:44 AM by libfab »

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 09:15:10 PM »
Scott I tried .50 as is and it did the same worked for a second and said it was done. The iso was 15 megs. Was I supposed to replace the files in the program myself or did you already do it for us? If I need to can you tell me what files to change and where they are. I am not that great with this advanced stuff at least its advanced to me. Thanks for all the help

what kind of files did you try?  what format, and what bit/sample rate?

I swapped the versions and tested on a few 24/96 flac files and it made a 500 meg iso.  I didn't test anything else, though.  I can try a few more tomorrow if i get a few minutes of downtime at work

Offline scb

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 09:16:35 PM »
There must have been an issue when Scott swapped the command line tool executables comprised within his wrap-up .exe

Besides, I happened to bump into another issue, probably unrelated, trying DVD-Audiofile with a 24/192 test file. I got "the files in the list must match in sample rate and size. You tried to add a 24bit/96000 Hz file" while dvda-author did its job all right on command line.

Scott, could you possibly give your app a twist so that it unzips with a \bin subfolder, with mkisofs and dvda-author-08.07 in it ? Your main executable would launch the binaries under \bin when necessary. This would ease the upgrading process both for authors and users. Thanks in advance for this.

I'll try that tomorrow.  Not sure I have any 24/192 files to test at work, though.  I might ask if someone can put a file up for me to grab and test with?

Offline imazephed

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 10:30:13 PM »
Scott I tried 24/96 and it did the same as the last version but it may just be something I am doing wrong as I am in no way computer savvy. I will just follow this thread and see what you come up with. Thanks for taking the time to make life easier for the taper community. +T
csb>mzrh10

"WINNING"

Offline libfab

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 04:09:27 AM »

Besides, I happened to bump into another issue, probably unrelated, trying DVD-Audiofile with a 24/192 test file. I got "the files in the list must match in sample rate and size. You tried to add a 24bit/96000 Hz file" while dvda-author did its job all right on command line.

I'll try that tomorrow.  Not sure I have any 24/192 files to test at work, though.  I might ask if someone can put a file up for me to grab and test with?

Edit: it actually was a 24/96 file, sorry for this. Issue still remains, however.
Fab

Offline scb

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 09:07:12 AM »
you got that with just 1 file?  i put a check in to make sure you can't add files of different sample rates into 1 group

Offline scb

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 09:07:24 AM »
Scott I tried 24/96 and it did the same as the last version but it may just be something I am doing wrong as I am in no way computer savvy. I will just follow this thread and see what you come up with. Thanks for taking the time to make life easier for the taper community. +T

wav?  flac?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com