Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: audio-dvd-creator any thoughts  (Read 19030 times)

Offline Dr.FOB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • USM69i
Re: audio-dvd-creator any thoughts
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2004, 11:30:04 PM »
When I played with this program and had trouble adding files I found that I had an early version that didn't support 24bit files.
Neumann gear slut

radioboy1977

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2004, 05:36:12 AM »
Ok, tried this out, seems that it doesn't like wav's run through CD Wav. The uncut wav files I originally recorded where added easy, try to add cd wave cut files and it says the file is not supported. How did you guys get around this? or are you not using cdwav to cut

same thing happens to me with discwelder bronze.  you have to check the "alternate 24 bit" box when saving.

radioboy1977

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 05:37:05 AM »
Ok, tried this out, seems that it doesn't like wav's run through CD Wav. The uncut wav files I originally recorded where added easy, try to add cd wave cut files and it says the file is not supported. How did you guys get around this? or are you not using cdwav to cut

same thing happens to me with discwelder bronze.  you have to check the "alternate 24 bit" box when saving.

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 10:24:04 AM »
sweet, thanks for the help, will try again tonight. +T
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 10:59:22 AM by creekfreak »
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2004, 12:52:39 PM »
Are there any +'s or -'s when comparing DVD-Audio vs. DVD-Video with 24bit Audio? Cause that's what this program does.

This has all the info in reguards to comparison of DVD-V & DVD-A.  http://www.discwelder.com/pdfs/dvdAudioWhitepaper.pdf  .  Basically the only advantages to DVD-A is that it can support 192hz(compared to DVD-V's 96hz) & is capable of uncompressed multi-channel mixes. 

this program make me wonder is DVD-a is just a propriatery format made for us to but more gear and software.

Seems to be the case unless you really feel the need for 24/192 uncompressed surround mixes.

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2004, 01:31:23 PM »
But, dvd audio can also support 16/44.1, which dvd video apparently cannot.  Thus, dvd-audio would seem to be the only way to play back cd-formatted wavs. 

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2004, 03:02:53 PM »
I burned my first DVD.....came out great except I got gaps between tracks..thought it was seemless, will try again using nero this time to burn the DVD-V files
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2004, 03:11:56 PM »
But, dvd audio can also support 16/44.1, which dvd video apparently cannot.  Thus, dvd-audio would seem to be the only way to play back cd-formatted wavs. 

I've burned 16/44.1 pcm audio DVD-V with DVD Architect

the water's clean and innocent

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2004, 06:28:01 PM »
ok figured out the seemless problrm....but when I burned it that way I can not skip beyond the first track, it will play fine beyond the first track, but if I hit the next chapter, it freezes up and my receiver just switches back and forth between analog and digital, can't get a lock ???
In Tyler we Trust

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2004, 07:15:16 PM »

Don't think that's possible, when i import 44.1 files for video in DVD Architect i believe it just upsamples to 48hz. 

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2004, 07:21:07 PM »
interesting, disc I had issues with on my toshiba DVD player plays just fine in my cheap ass panasonic one...wonder if its the difference between use optical out and coxial out since the panasonic just has coxial out.
In Tyler we Trust

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2004, 11:17:17 PM »

Don't think that's possible, when i import 44.1 files for video in DVD Architect i believe it just upsamples to 48hz. 

if its upsampling to 48, then its probably converting everything to Dolby Digital AC3 format which is 16/48

the water's clean and innocent

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2004, 11:41:06 PM »
I just finished my first "audio-dvd".  I got gaps between tracks using 24/48 wav's.   :(
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Tascam DR-70D / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline the yokel

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2004, 11:41:35 AM »
Luvean, it could be dolby ac3 or pcm.  It just depends on what you told it to do. I still think it would resample to 48 in both cases.  You can check to see if it's dolby by playing back the dvd digitally to a reciever.  The little dolby icon will pop up if it's ac3 & it will say PCM 48hz if it's pcm.  Sorry for the hi-jacking folks. ;)

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2004, 04:25:21 PM »
I just finished my first "audio-dvd".  I got gaps between tracks using 24/48 wav's.   :(

make sure you have it set so all the tracks are under one title as chapters...will eliminate that problem...when you use one title for each track, you get gaps...I did the same thing
In Tyler we Trust

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.104 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com