Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Laptop (ibook) Taping.  (Read 10084 times)

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
Re: Laptop (ibook) Taping.
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2004, 02:57:21 AM »
but
apple = tax
amazon = no tax?

Apple = $749 + tax (shipping should be free, easy to talk apple into that)
Amazon = $944.49 - $150 rebate (rebates suck) but no tax

I can't imagine tax on a $749 machine to be more than $100.

Oh, and DaBoss, the machines come with 256mb RAM standard now, so why are you arguing over 128mb?  And I agree with Scott, and wouldn't run *any* machine in OS X with less than 384 megs of ram...
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2004, 09:54:11 AM »
My Pismo only has 320 MB RAM ... but the MIO software doesn't really require a lot. If I were running Spark all the time, I might want more. Editing in Spark is fine with the RAM I have, FWIW.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline Da Boss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2004, 10:19:43 AM »
"Oh, and DaBoss, the machines come with 256mb RAM standard now, so why are you arguing over 128mb?  And I agree with Scott, and wouldn't run *any* machine in OS X with less than 384 megs of ram..."

I don't think I was arguing BUT if you say so...I for one like to see SOUND justification for opinions. If you have/had experience with DAW's you'd realize that 128MB is entirely sufficient for 2-track stereo recording! Please show me how this is BS. I value Scott for what he has done for the community and he may even *recall* me from Oade a few years back when I was plugging the Studio Projects emerging line as well as the UA-5...
Anyway-thanks Scott for sterering me towards the Xact-I'll DL it this weekend and run some shows through to get rid of the sector boundry issues that seem to plague me!

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2004, 02:04:48 AM »
I'm saying OS X is dog slow at 128 megs of ram.  Just because it is sufficient (read: bare minimum) does not mean it is recommended.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2004, 01:57:16 AM »
>> If you have/had experience with DAW's you'd realize that 128MB is entirely sufficient for 2-track stereo recording!<<

i love OS X, but it needs a lot of ram to function nicely.  try 128 and you'll see the spinning beach ball a lot

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com